- Table View
- List View
Cullinan, CEO of an environmental law and policy consultancy in Cape Town, South Africa, presents the second edition of his ambitious 2003 volume outlining his vision of a legal system based on the laws of nature rather than those of an industry-based, man-made society. He begins by demonstrating the current human-centric state of man's relationship with nature, in which we view ourselves as separate, independent, and dominant; continues to posit an alternative view inspired by climate science and indigenous cultures, wherein we are interdependent with and reliant upon the natural world; and proceeds to employ political theory, legal history, science, and contemporary philosophy in service of his theory of Earth Jurisprudence and Earth Governance, which questions everything from property ownership, to the modern concept of time, to the legal rights of trees. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.