- Table View
- List View
Cullinan, CEO of an environmental law and policy consultancy in Cape Town, South Africa, presents the second edition of his ambitious 2003 volume outlining his vision of a legal system based on the laws of nature rather than those of an industry-based, man-made society. He begins by demonstrating the current human-centric state of man's relationship with nature, in which we view ourselves as separate, independent, and dominant; continues to posit an alternative view inspired by climate science and indigenous cultures, wherein we are interdependent with and reliant upon the natural world; and proceeds to employ political theory, legal history, science, and contemporary philosophy in service of his theory of Earth Jurisprudence and Earth Governance, which questions everything from property ownership, to the modern concept of time, to the legal rights of trees. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.