- Table View
- List View
"Love never fails." This message is emphasized time and again within the letters, diary entries, and personal sketches that Corrie and Betsie ten Boom wrote during their months in prison and concentration camps. The ten Booms' story, told in THE HIDING PLACE and TRAMP FOR THE LORD, is clarified in the communications sent and received during the Underground workers' imprisonment--inspiring, encouraging correspondence that continually proclaims God's love, even in the midst of trial.
Describes the faith of Corrie ten Boom's father, Casper ten Boom. Accounts of Casper and his children and grandchildren are given, along with accounts of his interactions with the community in which he lived.
Designed to guide prisoners toward the Christian life, this book presents a number of the author's own experiences in three of the world's most brutal prisons and concentration camps. Also included are conversations that ten Boom had with men and women in various prisons that she traveled to following her own miraculous release. This devotional presents numerous aspects of Christian living including salvation, guilt and sin, finding joy, and the fruit of the Spirit.
Corrie ten Boom was a woman admired the world over for her courage, her forgiveness, and her memorable faith. In World War II, she and her family risked their lives to help Jews escape the Nazis, and their reward was a trip to Hitler's concentration camps. But she survived and was released--as a result of a clerical error--and now shares the story of how faith triumphs over evil. For thirty-five years Corrie's dramatic life story, full of timeless virtues, has prepared readers to face their own futures with faith, relying on God's love to overcome, heal, and restore. Now releasing in a thirty-fifth anniversary edition for a new generation of readers, The Hiding Place tells the riveting story of how a middle-aged Dutch watchmaker became a heroine of the Resistance, a survivor of Hitler's death camps, and one of the most remarkable evangelists of the twentieth century.
At the height of Nazi power, amid the horrors of a concentration camp, the seeds of faith and forgiveness grew to fruition in the heart of a young Dutch woman named Corrie ten Boom. Outlasting Ravensbrück and Hitler's regime, Ms. ten Boom went on to accomplish what brute power never could: conquer hearts across the world with healing words of hope, forgiveness, and trust in God. Broadcast across Europe using the very radio equipment the Nazis had built to spread their propaganda, the inspirational messages of Corrie ten Boom appear at last in print. As in this book's predecessor, Reflections of God's Glory, the twenty-six sermonettes in Messages of God's Abundance are first-ever English translations of the scripts for Ms. ten Boom's Trans World Radio broadcasts from the Netherlands. Emerging after many years, these jewel-like writings reflect the broad experiences of a woman who preached the gospel around the world, yet who found her greatest adventure exploring the endless riches of God's Word. In 1983, Corrie ten Boom went to be with her beloved Jesus, but the timeless truths of Scripture spoken through the lips of this remarkable woman remain alive, vibrant, and as able as ever to touch, convict, and encourage our hearts.
Corrie ten Boom addresses sickness and affliction, offering biblical wisdom to soothe and strengthen the soul. She also delivers a powerful message on the freedom and forgiveness found in God's love.
Corrie Ten Boom, Ernest Borgnine, and Elizabeth Sherrill are among the contributors to this unique collection. As they stir in the reader a sense of awe for the divine ways of God, the stories offer dramatic proof that God is an active part in the everyday lives of ordinary people.
A daily devotional containing 366 short reflections, relevant Scripture, and personal prayers to help readers start their day.
This remarkable woman spent the first 50 years of her life living peacefully with her father and sister above their watch shop in Harlem, Holland. When World War II broke out, this devoutly Christian family began providing "hiding places" for prosecuted Jews. Her great faith sustained her, then, through the several months in Nazi concentration camps, and the death of her father and sister. Since her release, she has been traveling all over the world, captivating audiences with her inspiring story. This self-styled "tramp for the Lord" told of that life in the bestselling THE HIDING PLACE. Here, as moving and dramatic, as filled with love and miracles, is the sequel to that story.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.