- Table View
- List View
Understandable Statistics is a thorough, yet approachable statistics text. Designed to help students overcome their apprehension about statistics, the text provides guidance and informal advice showing students the links between statistics and their everyday lives. To reinforce this approach, the book integrates real-life data selected from a variety of sources including journals, periodicals, newspapers and the Internet. The use of graphing calculators, Excel, Minitab and SPSS is covered, but not required. A set of technology resources accompanying the Eighth Edition, designed to provide reinforcement for struggling students, includes a market-leading video and DVD series, interactive lessons, and simulations.
Understandable Statistics: Concepts and Methods, Advanced Placement High School Edition (7th Edition)by Charles Henry Brase Corrinne Pellillo Brase
The seventh edition of Understandable Statistics: Concepts and Methods continues to emphasize concepts of statistics. Statistical methods are carefully presented with a focus on understanding both the suitability of the method and the meaning of the result. Statistical methods and measurements are developed in the context of applications.
Understandable Statistics: Concepts and Methods, Tenth Edition is a thorough, yet accessible program designed to help readers overcome their apprehensions about statistics. The authors provide clear guidance and informal advice while showing the links between statistics and the world.
A condensed and more streamlined version of the very popular and widely used UNDERSTANDABLE STATISTICS, Ninth Edition, this book offers instructors an effective way to teach the essentials of statistics, including early coverage of Regression, within a more limited time frame. Designed to help students overcome their apprehension about statistics, UNDERSTANDING BASIC STATISTICS, Fifth Edition, is a thorough yet approachable text that provides plenty of guidance and informal advice demonstrating the links between statistics and the world. The strengths of the text include an applied approach that helps students realize the real-world significance of statistics, an accessible exposition, and a new, complete technology package. The Fifth Edition addresses the growing importance of developing students' critical thinking and statistical literacy skills with the introduction of new features and exercises throughout the text. The use of the graphing calculator, Microsoft Excel, Minitab, and SPSS is covered but not required.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.