- Table View
- List View
With the Chinese on the brink of unraveling a theory missing since Einstein's death -- the fabled Unified Field Theory, which would put them in possession of a weapon more devastating than any nuclear arsenal -- antiterrorist operative John Taft must act swiftly or the United States will soon be on the bottom rung of a new world order.
Juan Cabrillo's first adventure with the Oregon-a state of the art spy ship disguised as a nondescript lumber hauler-takes him and his crew into dangerous waters, as they try to put Tibet back in the hands of the Dalai Lama by striking a deal with the Russians and the Chinese.<P> Cabrillo's gambling chip is a golden Buddha containing records of vast oil reserves in the disputed land. But first, he'll have to locate-and steal-the all-important artifact. And there are certain people who would do anything in their power to see him fail...
A power that could destroy the world <P> A prize that men will kill to possess <P> Juan Cabrillo must find it first... <P> Two opposing groups seek a 50,000-year-old radioactive meteorite known as the Sacred Stone. Muslim extremists have stolen a nuclear device and need the stone to give them the power to vaporize any city in the west. A megalomaniacal industrialist leads a group seeking to carry out the utter annihilation of Islam itself. And caught between the two militant factions is Juan Cabrillo and his crew, who must do whatever they can to stop the impending doom...
From the author of the #1 bestselling The Sea Hunters comes more unforgettable true adventures with famous shipwrecks.
Over a hundred years ago, Nikola Tesla created a device for transferring electricity without wires. It was supposed to be his greatest triumph. Instead, his invention spawned a nightmare so terrifying that it was hidden from the world...until now. Unusual surges of electricity are being tracked emanating from the former Yugoslavia. Special Agent John Taft of the National Intelligence Agency is dispatched to investigate the phenomenon, and uncovers a conspiracy of terror, led by a fanatical Serbian nationalist and powered by a machine capable of targeting any location on the globe-and causing apocalyptic earthquakes to strike on command. Now, as the terrorists fell cities at will with their earth-shattering weapon, Taft must fight a battle on dangerous ground, against an unstable foe whose greatest desire is to control the world--or destroy it.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.