- Table View
- List View
Viruses are responsible for a variety of human, animal, and plant diseases and now represent potential agents of terror. Academic, government, and corporate laboratories have devoted years of effort to the development of strategies to prevent or treat viral infections. Central to the multiplication strategy of all viruses is the process of genome replication. Enzymes critical to this step of the lifecycle have proven to be tractable targets for the development of antiviral agents. Furthermore, genome replication is essential for virus spread and is the main target for the development of antiviral agents. By combining studies of both RNA and DNA viruses - and more - into a single volume, the editors have created a mechanism for cross-talk between the fields that will produce synergy and could lead to more rapid discovery of approaches to treat viral infections.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.