- Table View
- List View
In this hilarious book, the cows find a typewriter and leave Farmer Brown a note saying that they need electric blankets! When he refuses the cows' request, he gets himself into a lot of funny trouble. A delightful book for young readers. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
The farm animals are having alphabet fun again. From the author of "Click, Clack, Moo," [also available from Bookshare] this book with its fun illustrations and simple words is the perfect beginner book for young readers. Join Duck in an alphabet adventure that ends in a fun picnic. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
From the book: This is the diary ... of a spider. But don't be worried--he's more scared of you and your gigantic shoe! Actually, he's a lot like you. He goes to gym class and has grandparens Day at school. But he also spins sticky webs, scales walls, and takes wind-catching lessons. Lucky for him, his best friend is a fly. Includes picture descriptions. Other clever books by Doreen Cronin are available from Bookshare. This book contains picture descriptions.
This is the diary . . . of a worm. Surprisingly, a worm not that different from you or me. Except he eats his homework. Oh, and his head looks a lot like his rear end. Doreen Cronin, the New York Times best-selling author of CLICK, CLACK, MOO and GIGGLE, GIGGLE, QUACK, teams up with illustrator Harry Bliss for this hysterical journal about the daily doings and the hidden world of a lovable underground dweller.
Publisher's Description: My fellow Americans: It is our pleasure, our honor, our duty as citizens to present to you Duck for President. Here is a duck who began in a humble pond. Who worked his way to farmer. To governor. And now, perhaps, to the highest office in the land. Some say, if he walks like a duck and talks like a duck, he is a duck. We say, if he walks like a duck and talks like a duck, he will be the next president of the United States of America. Adults and teens will enjoy reading this satirical book to their young charges. Other books by Doreen Cronin are available from Bookshare.org.
Farmer Brown goes on vacation and the barnyard animals are responsible for looking after Duck the troublemaker.
After his last run-in with Vince the Funnel and the mystery of the missing chicks, J.J. the search-and-rescue dog is ready for some much-needed R & R. But just when he thinks he has everything under control, there's a new problem to worry about: Diamond Lil, a shiny new dog who's taken up residence next door. Suddenly Moosh and her chicks are spending an awful lot of time with their fancy friend, talking about weird things like fluffy feathers and good posture. And Lil's not the only new kid cramping J.J.'s style. There's a possum loose, and it's up to J.J. to keep everyone safe. But the questions keep piling up. Is Lil all that she seems? And how does the possum keep finding her way to the chicken coop? In this hilarious follow-up to The Trouble with Chickens, the clues, plot twists, and one-liners add up to an unputdownable read.
J.J. Tully is a former search-and rescue dog who is trying to enjoy his retirement after years of performing daring missions saving lives. So he's not terribly impressed when two chicks named Dirt and Sugar (who look like popcorn on legs) and their chicken mom show up demanding his help to track down their missing siblings. Driven by the promise of a cheeseburger, J.J. begins to track down clues. Is Vince the Funnel hiding something? Are there dark forces at work-or is J.J. not smelling the evidence that's right in front of him? Bestselling author Doreen Cronin uses her deadpan humor to pitch-perfect effect in her first novel for young readers. Heavily illustrated with black-and-white artwork from Kevin Cornell, this new series is destined to become a classic.
"Do you wake up with a wiggle ? Do you wiggle -out of bed? If you wiggle with your breakfast It might wind up on your head." In goofy rhyme, the cute dog's wiggly adventures take the young child through the day right into bed and (hopefully) fast asleep. Includes picture descriptions. Other delightful books by Doreen Cronin are available from Bookshare.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.