- Table View
- List View
The mercury is soaring, and it's the perfect time to dive into a pool of uninhibited sensuality. Take a break from the heat with this collection of steamy summertime encounters featuring four of today's most popular African-American women writers. Going south for her summer break, a high school math teacher puts her assets to work as an exotic dancer in Maxed Out by Brenda L. Thomas. But when her secret double life follows her home to Philadelphia, things swing wildly out of control as she tries to walk the line between sexy woman and sex object. Worlds collide when a street-smart beauty scores with a multimillionaire during a summer that climaxes with the New York City blackout. Crystal Lacey Winslow captures the edgy thrills -- and the dark side -- of carnal pleasures in Sex, Sin & Brooklyn. In Rochelle Alers' Summer Madness, a sexy brother with a mysterious past turns a pretty librarian's play-it-safe Hamptons vacation into a torrent of sensual delights. But can she trust him without knowing his whole story? A jilted bride is on the Rebound in ReShonda Tate Billingsley's tale of passion in unexpected places. A Houston attorney goes solo on the Belize honeymoon she was supposed to share with her husband -- and makes a sizzling connection with a handsome stranger in paradise.
Kiss the Year Goodbye New Year's Eve is the time to make a naughty resolution, so shed your inhibitions and indulge in this sultry collection of escapades from four of the hottest writers around. In Brenda L. Thomas's "Every New Year," a shoot-out lands a respected doctor in the hospital with a bad case of amnesia, and in the care of a man too sexy to resist. In "Whatever It Takes" by Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker, a sassy older woman tries to break off her steamy relationship with her best friend's twenty-three-year-old son, but he shows her he's man enough to fulfill her needs. Crystal Lacey Winslow proves you can be "Dangerously in Love" when a prim and proper young woman's wild side takes over after the man she's dating slips up with another woman. In "My Boo" by Daaimah S. Poole, a Philly girl's long-distance boyfriend never has time for her -- not even around the holidays. So when her ex-roommate's latest lover comes knocking, she's ready to get the party started.
Lipstick Diaries offers what's best about the most brilliant female authors in the business. Hip Hop Literature is here to stay and the range of these stories varies from hood to hood. Woman to woman, all the stories are drama-packed with real characters and life-styles. Narrated in different voices, each story will fascinate readers from the start. These coming of age tales give insights on delicate experiences, tragedy and adult erotica. All captivating tales tainted by love starting right but going wrong, worse ending in heartbreak. Much to the reader's pleasure, the stories of Lipstick Diaries are not only exciting but also leaving no stones unturned, answering a lot of questions about the impact of motherhood. All stories are thoughtful and leave an ending like no other. Lipstick Diaries is guaranteed to amuse any audience.Authors:Genieva Borne / Sharron Doyle / Kineisha Gayle / Joy Leftow Princess Madison / Vanessa Martir / Justice Mejia / Tri Smith AprilD. Stokes / Leah Whitney / Crystal Lacey Winslow
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.