- Table View
- List View
Four girls at a southwestern boarding school discover they have amazing feline powers and must unite to stop an ancient evil in this riveting adventure.Ana's average, suburban life is turned upside down when she's offered a place at the exclusive boarding school in New Mexico that both of her late parents attended. As she struggles to navigate the wealthy cliques of her new school, mysterious things begin to occur: sudden power failures, terrible storms, and even an earthquake!Ana soon learns that she and three other girls--with Chinese, Navajo, and Egyptian heritages--harbor connections to priceless objects in the school's museum, and the museum's curator, Ms.Benitez, is adamant that the girls understand their ancestry. It turns out that the school sits on top of a mysterious temple, the ancient meeting place of the dangerous Brotherhood of Chaos. And when one of the priceless museum objects is shattered, the girls find out exactly why their heritage is so important: they have the power to turn into wild cats! Now in their powerful forms of jaguar, tiger, puma, and lion they must work together to fight the chaos spirits unleashed in the ensuing battle...and uncover the terrifying plans of those who would reconvene the Brotherhood of Chaos.
Have you ever read a story and wondered what you would do in that situation? Would you run into the abandoned house after the killer? Or run screaming from the scene to analyze the whole thing with your friends? Would you be bold enough to flirt with your crush--even though he has a girlfriend? Or would you quietly back off, in hopes of meeting a better guy to crush on? In Your Life, But Better, you don't just read a story--you become the story. Take a quick personality quiz at the end of each chapter, and find out how you would act if you were confronted with the scene you just read. Are you star material? Or the queen of romance? What will you learn about yourself?
This interactive series lets a reader's true personality lead the way. In this book, the reader is the lead character, so the narrator talks directly to the reader about everything that's happening. At the end of each chapter, readers take a personality quiz.
Your Life, but ... is the only series that lets your true personality lead the way! In this book, you are the main character, so the narrator talks directly to you about everything that's happening. At the end of each chapter, you'll take a quick personality quiz, and the results will show you what you would do in that exact situation. Some roads lead to love, fame, and fortune, while others lead to embarrassment, arguments, and rejection. Along the way, you just might learn a little something about the kind of person you are and the kind of person you want to be. This is a pretty exciting day for your class because you're taking a field trip to New York City! Your teachers have lined up an educational day of visiting museums and seeing the sights, but you've heard that one of your favorite celebs is in town, and you and your friends would like to do a little against-the-rules sightseeing of your own. Are you brave enough or crazy enough to break free from the pack? Find out what you would do in Your Life but Sweeter!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.