- Table View
- List View
Genetic testing has become commonplace, and clinicians are frequently able to use knowledge of an individual's specific genetic differences to guide their course of action. Molecular Genetics and Personalized Medicine highlights developments that have been made in the field of molecular genetics and how they have been applied clinically. It will serve as a useful reference for physicians hoping to better understand the role of molecular medicine in clinical practice. In addition, it should also prove to be an invaluable resource for the basic scientist that wants to better understand how advances in the laboratory are being moved from the bench to the bedside. All chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date medical information. The authors simplify complex genetic concepts and focus on practical patient related issues. The book will be of great value to pathologists, hematologists/oncologists, clinical geneticists, high-risk obstetricians, general practitioners, and physicians in all other medical specialties who utilize genetic testing to direct therapy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.