- Table View
- List View
Now in a convenient eBook bundle, this Modern Library edition provides the most authoritative, critically acclaimed translation of Marcel Proust's masterpiece in six volumes, In Search of Lost Time, which includes Swann's Way, Within a Budding Grove, The Guermantes Way, Sodom and Gomorrah, The Captive, The Fugitive, and Time Regained. Graham Greene considered Marcel Proust "the greatest novelist of the twentieth century, just as Tolstoy was in the nineteenth." Edmund Wilson proposed that he was "perhaps the last great historian of the loves." And Virginia Woolf celebrated Proust for "his combination of the utmost sensibility with the utmost tenacity." The prolific French master dazzled many of the most cherished authors of our time, and now his signature work comes alive in this practical and completely accessible eBook bundle. For these Modern Library volumes, D. J. Enright revised the late Terence Kilmartin's acclaimed reworkings of C. K. Scott Moncrieff's and Andreas Mayor's translations to match the definitive French editions published in recent decades. Expertly and lovingly crafted to rival Marcel Proust's original in elegance, precision, and emotional resonance, here is In Search of Lost Time as it was meant to be read.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.