The Analytics and Big Data collection offers a "greatest hits" digital compilation of ideas from world-renowned thought leader Thomas Davenport, who helped popularize the terms analytics and big data in the workplace. An agile and prolific thinker, Davenport has written or coauthored more than a dozen bestselling books. Several of these titles are offered together for the first time in this curated digital bundle, including: Big Data at Work, Competing on Analytics, Analytics at Work, and Keeping Up with the Quants. The collection also includes Davenport's popular Harvard Business Review articles, "Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century" (2012) and "Analytics 3.0" (2013). Combined, these works cover all the bases on analytics and big data: what each term means; the ramifications of each from a technical, consumer, and management perspective; and where each can have the biggest impact on your business. Whether you're an executive, a manager, or a student wanting to learn more, Analytics and Big Data is the most comprehensive collection you'll find on the ever-growing phenomenon of digital data and analysis--and how you can make this rising business trend work for you. Named one of the ten "Masters of the New Economy" by CIO magazine, Thomas Davenport has helped hundreds of companies revitalize their management practices. He combines his interests in research, teaching, and business management as the President's Distinguished Professor of Information Technology & Management at Babson College. Davenport has also taught at Harvard Business School, the University of Chicago, Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business, and the University of Texas at Austin and has directed research centers at Accenture, McKinsey & Company, Ernst & Young, and CSC.
As data science evolves to become a business necessity, the importance of assembling a strong and innovative data teams grows. In this in-depth report, data scientist DJ Patil explains the skills, perspectives, tools and processes that position data science teams for success.
Acclaimed data scientist DJ Patil details a new approach to solving problems in Data Jujitsu.Learn how to use a problem's "weight" against itself to: Break down seemingly complex data problems into simplified parts; Use alternative data analysis techniques to examine them; Use human input, such as Mechanical Turk, and design tricks that enlist the help of your users to take short cuts around tough problems; Learn more about the problems before starting on the solutions--and use the findings to solve them, or determine whether the problems are worth solving at all.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.