- Table View
- List View
Dangerous assignments come in pairs when Captain Picard and his crew are confronted with two desperate missions on two different worlds. On the planet Buran, newly linked to the Fedration, a mysterious disease devastates the population-and turns them against the visitors from the U. S. S. Enterprise. Meanwhile, on nearby lomides, a renegade Federation observer has disappeared, intent on violating the Prime Directive by preventing a tragic political assassination. While Dr. Crusher struggles to find a cure for the plague ravaging Buran, Commander Will RIker leads an Away Team to lomides. Their forces divided, Picard and his crew find themselves the only hope of two worlds.
Book One: When Captain Sisko leads the Defiant on a dangerous mission into the Gamma Quadrant to liberate a conquered world, the Bajoran government insists that Kai Winn, the Federation's long-time nemesis, assume complete control of the space station.
Book Two: Kai Winn has never divulged what she personally did during the harsh and perilous days of the Occupation. But now, as Cardassian warships fight to reclaim Deep Space Nine, she cannot help recalling those bygone days -- and her own private war against the Cardassian oppressors.
When a troop of alien warriors demands the return of an imprisoned comrade -- a prisoner no one on "Deep Space NineTM knows anything about -- Commander Benjamin Sisko has a deadly fight on his hands. Under sudden attack from the heavily armed warriors, Sisko and his crew struggle desperately to repel the invaders and save the lives of everyone on board. Meanwhile, a strange device from the Gamma Quadrant has shifted Ferengi barkeeper Quark and Security Chief Odo three days into the future to a silent "Deep Space Nine. To save the station they must discover what caused the invasion to take place, and find a pathway back through time itself.
For ages they have sought to claim our worlds. Now, at last, we take the battle to them. . . . Far from the Federation's desperate war against the invading Furies, the crew of the U.S.S. VoyagerTM encounters something they never expected to hear again: a Starfleet distress call. The signal leads them to a vast assemblage of non-humanoid races engaged in a monumental project of incredible magnitude. Here is the source of the terrible invasion threatening the entire Alpha Quadrant -- and, for the Starship VoyagerTM, a possible route home. But soon there may not be any home to return to . . .
Part III of the Rebels trilogy. On ds9, renamed Emisary's Sanctuary by the Bajorans, Kira and Kai Winn must protect a sacred Bajoran artifact from the invaders calling themselves "The Liberated." Meanwhile on the planet, Sisko and his part of the away team continue to help the Natives learn what they need to know in order to defeat the Cardasian invaders. Meanwhile Dax and Bashir roam the planet in search of Sisko.
Major Kira and Kai Winn must work together to preserve both the Orb and the safety of everyone abroad Deep Space Nine.
For ages they have sought to claim our worlds. Now, at last, we take the battle to them. . . . Far from the Federation's desperate war against the invading Furies, the crew of the "U.S.S. Voyager" TM encounters something they never expected to hear again: a Starfleet distress call. The signal leads them to a vast assemblage of non-humanoid races engaged in a monumental project of incredible magnitude. Here is the source of the terrible invasion threatening the entire Alpha Quadrant -- and, for the "Starship Voyager" TM, a possible route home. But soon there may not be any home to return to . . .
Rumors of a secret alliance between the Dominion and the Klingon Empire lure Captain Sisko and the crew of the Defiant on a desperate mission into the Gamma Quadrant, leaving Deep Space None vulnerable to a surprise sneak attack! Now an elite Klingon task force has seized control of the station, and only Chief O'Brient, Dr. Bashir, and Worf are left to defend Deep Space Nine. But Worf's loyalties are tested when he discovers that the invaders include his oldest friend -- and his own brother!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.