This is the decade of the customer. You cannot learn too much about the customer. By their own admission, most salespeople talk too much. Too few "socratically" help customers draw the logical conclusion to buy what is proposed to them. The Socratic approach respects the power of the customer. The customer has the need, the power, and the decision-making authority. Socratic Selling shows the reader how to access that power, to cooperate with it, and to induce it to flow toward the salesperson. Socratic Selling shows salespeople how to build a relationship with the customer and close the sale more surely. The approach uses the Socratic Method: "A method of teaching or discussion, as used by Socrates, in which one asks a series of easily answered questions which inevitably lead the answerer to a logical conclusion." (Webster's Unabridged) You will discover in concise, easy-to-follow chapters how to: - Open a sales dialogue dynamically, so the salesperson and customer go right to the heart of the matter. - Guide the dialogue through a discovery of needs and needed decisions. - Uncover the motivators that move sales to more predictable closure. - Negotiate objections, handle challenging questions, and close effectively. - Move to the next step in the closing process so that every sales meeting has definition.
This book is about people-people like you who have to speak in front of critical listeners as part of their business lives. Since you can't avoid these situations if you want to advance your career, you may as well get good at them. Talk Your Way to the Top introduces you to a number of situations common to everyday business, then details the skills you need to communicate without fear and make the best impression-whether you are speaking to an audience of 1 or 1000. KEVIN DALEY is one of today's most accomplished corporate coaches. The founder and chairman of Communispond, Daley has provided communications training to over 450,000 business executives throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. LAURA DALEY-CARAVELLA has been designing programs and coaching executives for eighteen "years. Her clients have included Citibank, Coca-Cola, NBC, and numerous other brand-name, global organizations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.