- Table View
- List View
This is the decade of the customer. You cannot learn too much about the customer. By their own admission, most salespeople talk too much. Too few "socratically" help customers draw the logical conclusion to buy what is proposed to them. The Socratic approach respects the power of the customer. The customer has the need, the power, and the decision-making authority. Socratic Selling shows the reader how to access that power, to cooperate with it, and to induce it to flow toward the salesperson. Socratic Selling shows salespeople how to build a relationship with the customer and close the sale more surely. The approach uses the Socratic Method: "A method of teaching or discussion, as used by Socrates, in which one asks a series of easily answered questions which inevitably lead the answerer to a logical conclusion." (Webster's Unabridged) You will discover in concise, easy-to-follow chapters how to: - Open a sales dialogue dynamically, so the salesperson and customer go right to the heart of the matter. - Guide the dialogue through a discovery of needs and needed decisions. - Uncover the motivators that move sales to more predictable closure. - Negotiate objections, handle challenging questions, and close effectively. - Move to the next step in the closing process so that every sales meeting has definition.
This book is about people-people like you who have to speak in front of critical listeners as part of their business lives. Since you can't avoid these situations if you want to advance your career, you may as well get good at them. Talk Your Way to the Top introduces you to a number of situations common to everyday business, then details the skills you need to communicate without fear and make the best impression-whether you are speaking to an audience of 1 or 1000. KEVIN DALEY is one of today's most accomplished corporate coaches. The founder and chairman of Communispond, Daley has provided communications training to over 450,000 business executives throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. LAURA DALEY-CARAVELLA has been designing programs and coaching executives for eighteen "years. Her clients have included Citibank, Coca-Cola, NBC, and numerous other brand-name, global organizations.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.