- Table View
- List View
Masquerading in lamb's clothing, the Bedlington Terrier is a hard-as-nails, plucky terrier's terrier, whose charming appearance has attracted and surprised many dog lovers. Hailing from the Border Counties of England, the Bedlington Terrier makes a first-class active companion for the right home and family. Although the breed's popularity has never matched that of many other terriers, the Bedlington possesses many astounding virtues that recommend him to dog lovers. When given proper training and rearing, the breed can excel at any dog sport, from conformation exhibition and obedience to agility, flyball and earthdog trials. For a family seeking a watchdog, children's companion and weekend sports dog, the Bedlington Terrier has a lion's share of talent, courage and devotion to offer. This Special Limited Edition, written by terrier authority Muriel P. Lee, provides an insightful chapter on the breed's ancestry in England and its development in the United States, illustrated by early breed representatives and famous dogs from decades ago. The author also discusses the breed standard, breed characteristics and owner requirements. Chapters on selecting a breeder and puppy, rearing and training the puppy, grooming, feeding and healthcare provide the owner with a complete, comprehensive guide to this rewarding and challenging terrier.
A teen idol of the 1950s who virtually invented the singer/songwriter/heartthrob combination that still tops pop music today, Paul Anka rocketed to fame with a slew of hits-from "Diana" to "Put Your Head on my Shoulder"-that earned him a place touring with the major stars of his era, including Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Buddy Holly. He wrote Holly's last hit, and just missed joining the rocker on his final, fatal plane flight. Anka also stepped in front of the camera in the teen beach-party movie era, scoring the movies and romancing their starlets, including Annette Funicello. When the British invasion made his fans swoon for a new style of music-and musician - Anka made sure he wasn't conquered. A rapier-canny businessman and image-builder who took his career into his own hands-just as he had from the very beginning, swiping his mother's car at fourteen to drive himself, underage, to his first gigs in Quebec-Anka toured the world until he could return home in triumph. A charter member of the Rat Pack, he wrote the theme music for The Tonight Show as well as his friend Frank Sinatra's anthem "My Way". By the 1970s, a multi-decade string of pop chart-toppers, including "Puppy Love" and "(You're) Having My Baby", cemented his status as an icon. My Way is bursting with rich, rollicking stories of the business and the people in Anka's life: Elizabeth Taylor, Dodi Fayed, Tom Jones, Michael Jackson, Adnan Khashoggi, Little Richard, Brooke Shields, Johnny Roselli, Sammy Davis, Jr. , Brigitte Bardot, Barnum & Bailey Circus acrobats, and many more. Anka is forthcoming, funny and smart as a whip about the business he's been in for almost six decades. My Way moves from New York to Vegas, from the casino stage to backstages all over the world. It's the most entertaining autobiography of the year.
Part of the 1960s Pop Art movement along with Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein, Rosenquist's dramatic, surreally juxtaposed images revolutionized 20th-century painting. His candid memoir offers a unique look inside the contemporary art world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.