- Table View
- List View
Four novellas by the most popular Star Trek authors finds the intrepid Starfleet Corps of Engineers called in to fix urgent crucial situations: a distress call, rampaging monsters, a reactor and a city. The Starfleet Corps of Engineers, the top flight of technical specialists, face four of their most challenging missions yet. In THE RIDDLED POST the S.C.E. responds to an urgent distress call from an outpost that has been attacked by something that can penetrate shields. GATEWAYS EPILOGUE finds the S.C.E. facing a horde of rampaging monsters that have been let loose on the planet Maeglin. In AMBUSH, they must fix a reactor crucial to a mining operation, but the malevolent aliens who damaged it are still around. And in SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED, the citizens of Keorga are counting on the Corps to save their largest city.
Need to corral a group of giant monsters that fell through an interdimensional gateway? Need to get your brand-new planetary computer system working -- but the instructions are written in an alien language? Contact the Starfleet Corps of Engineers team on the U.S.S. da Vinci. Led by Captain David Gold and former Starship Enterprise engineer Commander Sonya Gomez, the crew live by their motto: Have tech, will travel. Overseen by Starfleet legend Captain Montgomery Scott, the S.C.E. crew must solve the mystery of an outpost attacked by a strange new weapon and improvise a way to defeat a foe who has them outgunned in a heart-stopping space battle. Join Starfleet's miracle workers for a death-defying journey! SCE OMNIBUS BOOK 3: SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED contains the complete eBook editions of S.C.E. adventures #9-12.
STARFLEET CORPS OF ENGINEERS Keorga is a haven for artists and musicians, a place of contemplation and artistic appreciation. When their request for a planet-running computer is denied by Starfleet, they go elsewhere; unfortunately, the instruction manual is in a language they cannot understand. A team from the U.S.S. da Vinci is brought in to help them, but soon they realize there's more to this than a simple translation problem. The computer seems to be running a test -- one that the Keorgans are failing! If the S.C.E. team can't get the information they need out of the recalcitrant Keorgans and figure out how to stop the rampaging computer, Keorga may well lie in ruins!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.