- Table View
- List View
Okay, you've finally done it. You've gone low-carb! And no matter which one of the many low- carbohydrate diets you've chosen, you've discovered the joys of weight loss without hunger, not to mention energy that never seems to quit, and rapidly improving health. Just one little problem: If you have to face one more day of eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, and a burger without the bun for dinner, you're going to scream. Worse, you're going to order a pizza! Rejoice, my low-carb friend. Help is here; you hold it in your hands. In this book you'll find options galore. You'll find dozens upon dozens of new things to do with your protein foods and vegetables-and you'll find recipes for foods you thought you'd never, ever be able to eat on your low-carb diet: *Cinnamon Raisin Bread *Feta-Spinach Salmon Roast *Sour Cream Coffee Cake *Obscenely Rich Shrimp *Chocolate Mousse to DIE For *Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies *Mockahlua Cheesecake *French Toast *Heroin Wings *Sugar-Free Ketchup and Barbecue Sauce. You'll also learn more about how to count carbs and read labels, as well as get an overview of low-carb ingredients. You'll get the lowdown on all those new low-carb specialty products flooding the market. And, of course, you get 14 chapters of recipes, covering everything from Hors d'Oeuvres, Snacks, and Party Nibbles, to Breads, Muffins, Cereals and Other Grainy Things. You'll find Cookies, Cakes, and Other Sweets. Plus more recipes for main dishes and side dishes than you'll ever be able to eat your way through-everything from down-home cooking to ethnic fare; from quick-and-easy weeknight meals to knock-their-socks-off party food. So say goodbye to boredom, and hello to exciting low-carb meals every day! Whether you're a kitchen novice or a gourmet chef, you'll find dozens of recipes to suit your tastes, budget, and lifestyle.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.