- Table View
- List View
Chronic Prostatitis is a common and debilitating condition affecting 5-12% of men worldwide. The most common form is category III, or Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. Cutting-edge clinical research has led to advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of prostatitis, a group of conditions that is at once extremely common, poorly understood, inadequately treated and under-researched. In Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, the author provides today's most current information covering the four categories of prostatitis (acute, chronic bacterial, CPPS and asymptomatic inflammation). A diverse international group of contributors that includes urologists (academic, primary care and front line private practice), scientists, psychologists, and pain specialists from the National Institutes of Health provide the reader with novel approaches to helping their patients. The chapters in this important new work cover general evaluation of the prostatitis patient, the approach to acute prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain syndrome, evidence behind individual therapies and ancillary topics such as erectile dysfunction, infertility, the link between chronic prostatitis and prostate cancer, male interstitial cystitis and the potential etiologic role of calcifying nanoparticles. Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome offers novel approaches to diagnosing this condition as well as providing ways in which to ease the suffering of the patient with prostatitis.
The transplant physicians and surgeons at Cleveland Clinic have collaborated to produce, Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation: A Practical Guide. This volume is devoted to kidney and pancreas transplantation and is well grounded in scientific principles, quantitative clinical reasoning, clinical pharmacology, tested clinical practices and overall clinical applicability. Also addressed are key aspects in the initiation, maintenance and sustained growth of viable clinical programs in kidney and pancreas transplantation. Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation: A Practical Guide will be of great value to transplant physicians as well as medical and surgical fellows who intend to pursue an interest in transplantation.
Urological Men's Health: A Guide for Urologists and Primary Care Physicians covers the major urologic conditions that have an impact on the health and well being of the adult male. It opens with an overview of general men's preventative health, as practiced by a world leading Executive Health center. The volume covers the major genitourinary malignancies and addresses the latest controversies in screening and treatment selection. This is followed by coverage of the conditions that don't shorten life but have major impact on quality of life and health care expenditure: BPH, urinary incontinence, infertility, urethral strictures, erectile dysfunction, urinary tract infections and chronic pelvic pain. Also included are chapters on herbal and complementary therapy, psychological and spousal support in urologic illness and the links between genitourinary disease and general vascular endothelial dysfunction. Urological Men's Health: A Guide for Urologists and Primary Care Physicians will be of great value to Urologists, Internists, General Practitioners and the residents and fellows who train within these specialties.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.