Prepare gluten-free dishes that are delicious and nutritiousWant to create tasty gluten-free meals and snacks? Gluten-Free Cooking For Dummies is loaded with more than 150 wheat-and gluten-free recipes. These sweet, spicy, and aromatic dishes prove that living the gluten-free lifestyle can be not only fun and easy, but delicious and nutritious too!This practical, guide shows you how to find and select the right ingredients and prepare classic healthy dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. You'll find out what you can and can't use in gluten-free cooking, learn to spot the hidden gluten in foods, discover surprising ways to save money when you go shopping, and even manage your weight. You'll also learn how to convert your current favorite recipes to gluten-free delights using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.Covers the medical, practical, and emotional aspects of living gluten-freeIncludes more than 150 tasty recipes, including gluten-free ethnic dishes and a section of quick and easy starter recipes, which is new to this editionShows you how to boost nutrition and flavor in your dishesGives you the know-how to make any meal gluten freeComplete with delightful lists of gluten-free comfort foods and kid's favorites, as well as tips for converting a kitchen to a gluten-free workspace, Gluten-Free Cooking For Dummies is the best way yet to stay happy, healthy, well-fed, and wheatless!
Practical, delicious ways to manage a gluten-free dietIf you have a wheat allergy, gluten intolerance, celiac disease, or you just want to enjoy the benefits of a diet free of wheat, barley, and rye, then this guide is for you. Trusted author Danna Korn explains the medical problems associated with gluten and shows you step by step how to make the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle - and love it!With 25% new and revised content, this easy-to-understand reference includes coverage of the most recent testing methods, an updated section on the link between a gluten-free diet and improving behaviors in the autistic, new information about the genetics of celiac disease, expanded coverage on the gluten-free certification process, increased nutritional information, and updated recipes and resources.65 delicious recipes plus tips on eating outGuidance on how to shop and decipher food labels Advice on how to raise happy gluten-free kidsCovering the practical, medical, and emotional aspects of the lifestyle, Living Gluten-Free For Dummies, 2nd Edition offers hope and inspiration as you make the switch to a life free of gluten.
If you have a wheat allergy, gluten intolerance, coeliac disease, or just want to enjoy the benefits of a diet free from wheat, barley and rye, then this book is for you. Our expert author team of registered dieticians explain the basics of gluten intolerance and the medical problems associated with it, plus give you practical guidance on how to make the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle. Including over 60 delicious gluten-free recipes and tips on eating out, you can learn to control your food intake wherever you are.Living Gluten-Free For Dummies covers:Knowing what you can and can't eatShopping and deciphering food labelsCoping with a gluten-free lifestyle on a day to day basisCooking crowd-pleasing gluten-free mealsRaising healthy gluten-free kids
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.