- Table View
- List View
The last ten years have witnessed a monumental increase in our understanding of plant hormones. A decade ago, scientists were forced to rely on vague ideas about hormone action; today, these have been replaced by detailed molecular models. Given the rapid increase in our understanding of plant hormone biology, this comprehensive review could not have come at a better time. In Plant Hormones: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition, expert researchers explore the most current genetic, biochemical, analytical and chemical biological approaches for understanding plant hormone action, providing a concise overview of methods and reagents needed to dissect plant signalling pathways using chemical genetic methods. Chapters address such topics as genetic methods of analysis using the model system Arabidopsis thaliana, biochemical methods for documenting interactions between hormones and receptors, the use of high-throughput sequencing technologies for microRNA analysis, and analytical approaches for measuring endogenous plant hormone levels, including LC-MS and GC-MS based methods. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Innovative and cutting edge, Plant Hormones: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is an essential guide for all plant scientists who are facing the complex and challenging questions that will determine the future of this vital field.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.