- Table View
- List View
TAPAT IS IN GREAT DANGER Unexpectedly caught in a battle between Roman forces and Jewish zealots, Tapat seeks refuge in a cave. When soldiers discover her hiding place outside Jerusalem, she's terrified. Then she realizes that their leader is Andronicus, the man whose life she saved six years ago. Seeing Tapat again reminds Andronicus of all he has sacrificed for Rome. As a soldier, he is forbidden to marry, but he's never forgotten the lovely Jewess he yearns to make his own. Now she's in danger, and he'll risk everything to protect her. But can he truly give up the soldier's life for the love of a woman?
A SOLDIER'S PROTECTIONWhen Roman commander Lucius Tindarium finds an injured woman in the desert outside Jerusalem, he rescues her and offers her a safe haven at his mother's home. Something about the lovely and mysterious Anna touches a chord deep inside him. But how will he safeguard his heart from the truth of her painful past?Fleeing a cruel father and an unwanted marriage, Anna is extremely grateful to the powerful warrior who saved her life. Though she knows she can never have a future with a man who's not a believer, she cares for him deeply. Can Anna make this hardened Roman soldier believe that their love can overcome all?
Here in one inexpensive volume are four new inspirational love stories from Christmases gone by.
Adrella always noticed himEveryone took notice of the handsome lighthouse keeper when he visited the mainland. Especially shopkeeper's daughter Adrella Murphy. But the enigmatic man never said a word to anyone. When Adrella is stranded with him on an isolated island during a storm, will she give up her dreams of true love and marry him to save her reputation?As a doctor in the Civil War, Dathan Adams saw too much suffering, and he withdrew from the world to his beloved lighthouse. Now a hurricane forces a spirited Irish lass into his care. To stay alive, he must set aside his solitude and work side by side with Adrella. When her strength and faith erode his defenses, a tragedy might just yield unexpected love.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.