- Table View
- List View
THE DEFINITIVE WORD ON STAR WARS FICTION The legendary motion picture Star Wars has spawned two big-screen sequels and three prequels--and decades of bestselling fiction. From the original movie tie-in novel through the monumental Fate of the Jedi series, legions of devoted readers have helped expand science fiction's most celebrated film saga into a page-turning print sensation. Now, for the first time, a comprehensive overview of these sweeping Star Wars adventures is presented in one beautifully illustrated volume. Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion spans the entire galaxy of published Star Wars fiction--movie novelizations, original stand alone and series novels, short stories, eBook novellas, young adult titles, and comics--and features: * a concise synopsis of each story, including key characters and planets * exclusive behind-the-scenes facts and anecdotes about authors, plot and character development, continuity notes, and significance in the Star Wars Expanded Universe * details on which novels are linked to Star Wars comic books from Dark Horse and Marvel * a chronological listing of titles, spanning the 25,000-year history of the Star Wars universe and placing each story in its proper context * more than one hundred full-color original paintings throughout by some of fans' favorite artists Whether skimming through fateful eras from the Old Republic to the New Jedi Order; delving deep into the ancient history of the Lost Tribe of the Sith or the tumultuous Clone Wars; crossing paths--and lightsabers--with Dark Lords such as Plagueis or Bane, Sidious or Vader; helming the Millennium Falcon with Han Solo; or mastering the Force with Luke Skywalker, this one-of-a-kind, one-stop reference is a must for fans looking to maximize their knowledge of the sprawling Star Wars Expanded Universe.
History, legend and conspiracy meet in the tales of the Knights Templar. Warriors, bankers, magicians and heretics, they were officially disbanded in 1314, but they continue to influence the world to the present day. Within these pages, readers will discover not only the warrior monks of the Crusades, but also the legends and rumors of later ages. What secret did the Templars uncover beneath the Temple of Solomon, and how did it make them so powerful that kings and Popes feared them? What is their link to the Holy Grail - and what is the Grail's true nature? What became of their legendary treasure? What role did they play in the birth of America? How do they continue to manipulate governments worldwide? Where were they active historically, and where might they be found today? The answers to these and other questions are found here.
In the dark dungeons beneath Nazi Germany, teams of occult experts delved into ancient and forbidden lore, searching for lost secrets of power. Ordered by Hitler to discover new weapons that he could unleash on his enemies, the occultists experimented with dark magics, mystical artifacts, and creatures thought only to exist in nightmare. This book tells the complete history of the Nazi occult programs, from their foundations in Hitler's early esoteric studies and the Nazi quests for the Ark of the Covenant, the Spear of Destiny, and the Holy Grail, through their experiments with lycanthrope and zero-point energy. It also includes sections on the shadow war fought in the dying days of the Reich as the Nazis sought to stave off defeat through pacts with diabolic entities, attempts to save the Fuhrer's brain, and the deployment of the strange flying saucers that battled to save the final Nazi stronghold in the Antarctic. For years, the Allied governments worked to keep this information from reaching the public, and sought to discredit those few who dared to seek the truth. Now, using a combination of photography and artwork reconstructions, the true story of the most secret battles of World War II can finally be told.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.