It was a story Jesus liked to tell. If a man owned a hundred sheep and one of them wandered away, he would, without hesitation, leave the ninety-nine and search for the one. And when he found that lost sheep he would celebrate with great joy. In the same way, Jesus concluded, our Father in heaven-like the shepherd-is unwilling for any of his sheep to be lost. Yet all too often God's sheep do wander from the flock. Sometimes, for reasons that are hard to discern, they stray on their own. Other times they're driven away, perhaps wounded by an unkind word or thoughtless deed. In Bring 'Em Back Alive author Dave Burchett shows us the importance of bringing these lost and wounded lambs back to the fold-or, when we're the ones who wandered, becoming willing to return. He explains, step-by-step, how to replenish the spiritual strength of Christ's body. And he reminds us that we, like the shepherd, can know the joy that comes when a lost sheep returns home. Every believer is a precious part of Christ's body. When even one is missing, the church lacks power and is less than whole. Whether we're victims, perpetrators, or innocent bystanders we're called by God to seek restoration. And when one of God's sheep goes missing we have no choice: We must Bring 'Em Back Alive. Includes questions at the end of each chapter for discussion and reflection.From the Trade Paperback edition.
From the book: Every believer is a precious part of Christ's body. When even one is missing, the church lacks power and is less than whole. Whether we're victims, perpetrators, or innocent bystanders, we're called by God to seek restoration. And when one of God's sheep goes missing we have no choice. We must Bring 'Em Back Alive.
Help for those who have been harmed by Christians-and those who have inflicted the wounds. Throughout history, Christians have done considerable damage to others-both independently and in the name of Christ. Each time this occurs, one of God's precious creations is wounded and the church's witness to the world is grievously weakened. For years, unbelievers and Christians have rejected the church because of damaging encounters with a Christian, a Christian leader, or a group of Christians. No matter how much we wish to reverse the damage, however, we cannot reach the unchurched with the life-changing message of the gospel-nor can we protect those still within the body-unless we insist upon dramatic changes within our church communities. Targeting every person who has ever been hurt by a Christian-as well as those believers responsible for inflicting such damaging wounds-author Dave Burchett calls for a new way of relating that will bring healing to the church and transform our witness to the world.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.