- Table View
- List View
Countless stories. One incredible ending. A major league baseball player. a Tennessee pastor. A reality TV star. a single mom. A multi-platinum rocker. What do these people have in common? They've all hit bottom. And none of them stayed there. Famous or unfamiliar, these are the stories of real people who reached the end of their strength, the end of their control, and found the most surprising truths. It taught them not to rely on self or substance but to lean on the only completely reliable source of love, hope, and freedom: the God who created them. Shocking in their honesty, inspiring in their courage, these testimonies are critical reminders that no one is too far from God to find him. Join these and thousands more who have discovered the lifechanging power in putting God first and proclaiming, "I am Second."
Across the United States and the world, hundreds of thousands of people are proclaiming a new anthem: "I Am Second." They have discovered that God has a plan for their life, a plan that starts with making God First. They learned that whether it was money or relationships or the pleasures of life, nothing brought satisfaction and peace until God was First in their lives. Hear their stories and discover the powerful message of their journeys.With the I Am Second DVD-Based Study and Conversation Guide, you and your small group will encounter story after story of notable people throughout culture who have had a radical, life-changing encounter with Jesus Christ, and will be challenged to share your own "Second" stories with the world around you. Conversation Guide includes:Six biblical lessons focused on Scripture passages and stories of those living "Second" Topics with which every person can relate, such as relationships, struggles, and success. Small group discussion questions that will equip group members to put what they've learned into practice. Intended for use with I Am Second DVD-Based Study (ISBN: 9781401675783).
"O" God: A Dialogue on Truth and Oprah's Spirituality provides an in-depth look at one of the greatest media influences of all time: the empire of Oprah. Between The Oprah Winfrey Show and O Magazine, millions of people are exposed to Oprah's spiritual beliefs. Christians and those of other faiths are asking tough questions and looking for answers. McDowell and Sterrett approach the spirituality of Oprah by means of a fictional narrative featuring conversation between two friends. The spiritual conversation begins when the two girls get together to discuss spiritual issues. By using stories to address the deeper issues raised in the spiritual discussions held by Oprah and her friends, McDowell and Sterrett disarm and entertain their readers while also revealing biblical truths and exposing the errant teachings and misconceptions of Oprah. Meredith Andrews explains that: "In a day and time when some people feel that truth becomes obscure and moral lines are blurry, 'O' God addresses the popular concept of tolerance, along with other controversial ideas embraced and taught by Oprah herself, in a way that is easily accessible, scripturally based, and lovingly communicated. McDowell and Sterrett do a phenomenal job of comparing and contrasting Oprah's spiritual undertakings with God's Word and helping readers to thoroughly examine the spiritual trends of the day. Completely eye-opening and a must-read." McDowell, a mega-bestselling Christian author and evangelist, teams up with Sterrett, a gifted writer and popular speaker, to broach a serious subject with a wise, balanced, easy-to-read approach. McDowell and Sterrett help readers to discern the truth about the spirituality of Oprah and her friends.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.