- Table View
- List View
It was a story Jesus liked to tell. If a man owned a hundred sheep and one of them wandered away, he would, without hesitation, leave the ninety-nine and search for the one. And when he found that lost sheep he would celebrate with great joy. In the same way, Jesus concluded, our Father in heaven-like the shepherd-is unwilling for any of his sheep to be lost. Yet all too often God's sheep do wander from the flock. Sometimes, for reasons that are hard to discern, they stray on their own. Other times they're driven away, perhaps wounded by an unkind word or thoughtless deed. In Bring 'Em Back Alive author Dave Burchett shows us the importance of bringing these lost and wounded lambs back to the fold-or, when we're the ones who wandered, becoming willing to return. He explains, step-by-step, how to replenish the spiritual strength of Christ's body. And he reminds us that we, like the shepherd, can know the joy that comes when a lost sheep returns home. Every believer is a precious part of Christ's body. When even one is missing, the church lacks power and is less than whole. Whether we're victims, perpetrators, or innocent bystanders we're called by God to seek restoration. And when one of God's sheep goes missing we have no choice: We must Bring 'Em Back Alive. Includes questions at the end of each chapter for discussion and reflection.From the Trade Paperback edition.
From the book: Every believer is a precious part of Christ's body. When even one is missing, the church lacks power and is less than whole. Whether we're victims, perpetrators, or innocent bystanders, we're called by God to seek restoration. And when one of God's sheep goes missing we have no choice. We must Bring 'Em Back Alive.
Help for those who have been harmed by Christians-and those who have inflicted the wounds. Throughout history, Christians have done considerable damage to others-both independently and in the name of Christ. Each time this occurs, one of God's precious creations is wounded and the church's witness to the world is grievously weakened. For years, unbelievers and Christians have rejected the church because of damaging encounters with a Christian, a Christian leader, or a group of Christians. No matter how much we wish to reverse the damage, however, we cannot reach the unchurched with the life-changing message of the gospel-nor can we protect those still within the body-unless we insist upon dramatic changes within our church communities. Targeting every person who has ever been hurt by a Christian-as well as those believers responsible for inflicting such damaging wounds-author Dave Burchett calls for a new way of relating that will bring healing to the church and transform our witness to the world.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.