- Table View
- List View
Get acquainted with one of the most distinctive flavors the chile world has to offer: the smoky chipotle. This die-cut little book offers approximately thirty recipes, from the basics (Guacamole con Chipotle) to the unexpected (Chipotle Hot Wings). Interested in smoking your own chipotles? In THE PEPPER PANTRY: CHIPOTLES you'll learn what kind of wood to use, how to build the fire, and how best to store your freshly dried stock. There's legend and lore about the colorful history of these peppers, and thorough listings of mail-order sources. As chock-full of inspiration as a well-stocked pantry, THE PEPPER PANTRY: CHIPOTLES is perfect for either beginning cooks or die-hard chile aficionados.
Who Were the Original Foodies? Beyond their legacy as revolutionaries and politicians, the Founding Fathers of America were first and foremost a group of farmers. Passionate about the land and the bounty it produced, their love of food and the art of eating created what would ultimately become America's diverse food culture. Like many of today's foodies, the Founding Fathers were ardent supporters of sustainable farming and ranching, exotic imported foods, brewing, distilling, and wine appreciation. Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin penned original recipes, encouraged local production of beer and wine, and shared their delight in food with friends and fellow politicians. The Founding Foodies, food writer Dave DeWitt entertainingly describes how some of America's most famous colonial leaders not only established America's political destiny, but also revolutionized the very foods we eat. Features over thirty authentic colonial recipes, including: Thomas Jefferson's ice cream; A recipe for beer by George Washington; Martha Washington's fruitcake; Medford rum punch; Terrapin soup; and more.
A beginner's guide to growing weed at home, featuring straightforward advice for designing indoor and outdoor cannabis gardens, choosing seed varieties, buying equipment, planting, pot harvesting, storage, stash security, troubleshooting, and more. This beginner's guide to growing cannabis at home features straightforward advice for designing both indoor and outdoor marijuana gardens, from choosing and obtaining the most potent and prolific seed varieties to buying the right equipment and setting up your grow room. Steering clear of unnecessary scientific and technical jargon, Growing Medical Marijuana offers step-by-step instructions, 125 helpful photographs, and detailed illustrations to help you plant, harvest, and store your crop, whether you're a novice pot gardener or an experienced grower who wants to go legit. Outlining the ins and outs of marijuana cultivation in the states in which it's legal, this guide also presents easy-to-master approaches to fertilizing, pruning, controlling pests, maximizing flower production, cloning, producing your own seeds, and more. And once your stash is trimmed, cured, and ready to enjoy, nearly thirty recipes--along with dosage instructions--provide a delicious alternative to smoking your healing herb.
Get acquainted with one of the most distinctive flavors the chile world has to offer: the fruity, hot habanero. This die-cut little book offers approximately thirty recipes, from the basics (Essential Habanero Hot Sauce) to the unexpected (Creole Peanut Soup-a West African-influenced treat with habaneros, peanut butter, tomatoes, and coconut milk). There's legend and lore about the colorful history of these peppers (a West Indies folktale describes how a mother inadvertently killed her children by using too much habanero in her broth!), and thorough listings of mail-order sources. As chock-full of inspiration as a well-stocked pantry, The Pepper Pantry: Habaneros is perfect for either beginning cooks or die-hard chile aficionados.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.