- Table View
- List View
The Only Book for the Leading Winternals Tools Used in Microsoft Networks! Winternals first came to my rescue in November of 1999. It was then that I purchased my Winternals Administrator's Pak. It contained BlueSave Version 1.01, ERD Commander Professional Version 1.06, Monitoring Tools (Filemon and Regmon) Enterprise Editions Version 1.0, NTFSDOS Professional Version 3.03, NTRecover Version 1.0, and Remote Recover Version 1.01. We had a Windows NT 4 server in the dead zone. I spent a few hours reading over the ERD and Remote Recover user guides, created a "client floppy," and began my quest. Thank goodness that version of ERD had the ability to access NT-defined fault-tolerant drives. Within a few hours we had recovered the system and were back up and running. With that success, I thought back on hundreds of earlier incidents that made me wish I had purchased Winternals sooner. We have come a long way since then; the Winternals team has improved upon and added many tools and features to the Administrator's Pak utilities. One thing remains constant-in the Microsoft administrator's world, Winternals is a lifesaver.-from the Foreword by Dave Kleiman Master ERD Commander 2005 Use the ERD Commander to make a boot disk, run the Locksmith, remove hotfixes, access restore points, and more. Explore Process Activity with Process Explorer Use Autoruns and Process Explorer together to troubleshoot startups and combat malware. View the Security Settings of Your Computer Use the various Winternals tools to monitor users and shared resources, investigate suspicious local files, and search for installed rootkits. Use Sysinternals Tools to Monitor Active Sessions Use FileMon to view all file activity and Regmon to view all Registry activity. Integrate with Windows' System Programs Manage disk fragmentation, get extended file/disk information, and manage disk utilization. Perform Data Recovery Recover data across a network, recover files, and restore lost active directory data. Troubleshoot System Failures Make sense of a Windows crash, identify errant drivers, detect problematic file and registry accesses, and more. Monitor Connections with TCPTools View active network connections and identify problematic network applications using TCPView and TDIMon. Optimize NT 4.0 Systems Extend the Life of NT 4 systems using CacheSet, Contig, PMon, and Frob.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.