- Table View
- List View
It?s Sports and Good Nutrition Day for the fifth grade at Cam Jansen?s school. Along with races, and games, there are also three exciting mysteries to solve: The Backwards Race Mystery, The Soccer Game Mystery, and The Baseball Glove Mystery. With three sports mysteries in one book, this super special is perfect year-round.
Cam and her friend Eric are selling chocolate fudge and rice cakes door-to-door for charity. Eric can't remember what to tell the customers. But Cam has no trouble. She simply looks at the speech and says "click". Then she stores a picture of it in her mind. When Cam sees a woman coming from a yellow house, she knows something is wrong. The woman is wearing a rain coat, but it isn't raining. She's wearing dark glasses, but the sun isn't shining. And the yellow house looks deserted. Will Cam be able to solve the mystery with her amazing photographic memory?
Cam Jansen's school is going green. For each can or bottle Cam and her classmates bring in to be recycled, the school earns a nickel. But when all the nickels go missing, everyone suspects they were stolen. Can Cam click! and use her photographic memory to solve this mystery?
Cam Jansen and her friend Eric are spending the day at the amusement park. They take Cam's aunt and uncle with them through the scary haunted house. Plastic skeletons hang from the ceiling. A large black form jumps out of the shadows of a dark room. Everyone has a wonderful time until they get hungry and thirsty. When Cam's aunt tries to pay for some snacks, she discovers her wallet is no longer in her purse. Will Cam be able to solve the mystery of the missing wallet with her amazing photographic memory?
What are those strange colored lights in the sky? Will Cam's friend Eric win a contest with his photograph of a U.F.O.? Or will creatures from outer space keep Cam and Eric in the dark?
Here's a fact: My new friend Calvin Waffle is 100% Weird Danny Cohen and Calvin Waffle are two very different kids. Danny likes playing baseball; Calvin enjoys strange experiments. Danny follows the rules at school; Calvin tries to drive his teacher crazy. Danny and Calvin decide to team up for the big jelly bean experiment. Will it lead to trouble? Maybe. Will they have fun trying? You can count on it.
Calvin Waffle doesn't believe in bad ideasDanny knows his friend Calvin has crazy ideas, so he's not surprised when Calvin suggests they start a Rent-a-Pet business. After all, Calvin's Aunt Ruth wants the boys to watch her dog while she's away, and what better way to get the miniature Collie off their hands than loaning him to a kid in the neighborhood for a few days? But in order to rent a pet, you need a renter. Which Calvin and Danny don't have. Can the two drum up some business before it's too late? Or will their plan go to the dogs?
Calvin Waffle is still 100% weird in the newest installment of David A. Adler's laugh-out-loud chapter book series, Danny's Doodles Danny Cohen and his brainiac sidekick Calvin Waffle are back with a brand new experiment! Something is amiss in Danny and Calvin's fourth-grade class when their loud, rule enforcing teacher Mrs. Cakel, suddenly transforms into a whole new person. Danny and Calvin decide the only way to find out what's really going on is to spy on their personality switching teacher. But spying soon leads to a greater mystery filled with dog chasing, jelly injected donuts, peanut butter induced experiments, riddle mania, and more!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.