- Table View
- List View
H. P. Lovecraft was a writer who would one day become famous for his eerie tales of the macabre-filled with ancient beings who ruled the world millions of years before the appearance of the human race. Robert E. Howard was a writer whose barbarian character Conan would become a literary legend-a lone hero in a primitive world overrun by humankind's oldest and strongest enemies. But few know the real story that inspired these masters of pulp fiction. The story that begins on a dark and stormy night. A night tortured by the cries of an inhuman infant. A child who would open the gates to the most dangerous force in the cosmos-the ancient god Cthulhu... And only two men-two eccentric writers-can stop him. "There's enough adventure and paranormal weirdness here to satisfy any horror buff, with a rip-roaring subterranean confrontation at the climax."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.