When a farmer in Spain captured a two-headed snake in 2002, scientists wanted to study it. When National Geographic Daily News published a story about the discovery, people wanted to read all about it. More than a million people clicked on the site and kept coming back for more unbelievably true stories. An Internet sensation was born.Since then, more than 100 million individuals have clicked on stories put together by David Braun and his crack team of editors for National Geographic Daily News. And readers cannot get enough information about the often weird, sometimes miraculous things being discovered by scientists every day--incredible flying sharks, the strange sex lives of ducks, mind-controlling fungus that turns ants into zombies, and the darkest planet in the universe. This reader features the most wildly popular, incredibly weird, and totally true stories from National Geographic's Daily News site presented in a compact, fact-filled reader. It will be a must-have for fans of Braun's website and for fans of "fun fact" books like the Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader series. The millions of fans who follow David Braun's National Geographic Daily News will be thrilled with this incredible reader filled with their favorites from the website. The most popular ones are all here presented in a lively, engaging format that is entertaining for the mind and easy on the wallet.
When a farmer in Spain captured a two-headed snake in 2002, scientists wanted to study it. When National Geographic Daily News published a story about the discovery, people wanted to read all about it. More than a million people clicked on the site and kept coming back for more unbelievably true stories. An Internet sensation was born.
Every company faces the inevitable challenge: stagnate or grow. One of the fastest ways for small- and mid-size companies to expand is through acquisition. Purchasing another company can seem daunting - but when done right, it can deliver outstanding rewards. Successful Acquisitions supplies the key information thatbusiness leaders need to know about finding and buying companies. Written by an M&A expert with more than $1 billion in transactions under his belt, the book's practical and comprehensive approach integrates all the moving pieces into a logical step-by-step process that covers: * The art and science of researching companies * Building and balancing an acquisitionteam * Valuation tips that look beyond the obvious * The importance of "the seller's equation" * Developing a negotiation platform * How to be tough and still protect the buyer-seller relationship * Guidelines for structuring an airtight deal * The letter of intent, due diligence, purchase agreement, funding, and other essentials * Bringing the deal to a timely close * A 100-day plan for making integration a success It's all here. From building the foundation to growing the relationships to cementing the deal, Successful Acquisitions is a complete roadmap to buying companies and achieving proactive strategic growth.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.