In tune with today's readers--rich but never effete--this is the art history book of choice for a new generation. Presenting a broad view of art through the centuries, it sympathetically and positively introduces the works of all artists. This includes women, artists of color, and the arts of other continents and regions, as well as those of Western Europe and the United States. The new edition contains even more full-color reproductions, larger images, redrawn maps and timelines, and new photographs and higher quality images. Balancing both the traditions of art history and new trends of the present, Art History is the most comprehensive, accessible, and magnificently illustrated work of its kind. Broad in scope and depth, this beautifully illustrated work features art from the following time periods and places: prehistoric art in Europe; ancient art of the Near East, Egypt, the Aegean, and Greece; Roman and Etruscan art; Jewish, early Christian, and Byzantine art; Islamic art; art from ancient India, China, Japan, and the Americas; medieval art in Europe; Romanesque, Gothic, and Renaissance art; Baroque art; art of the Pacific cultures; the rise of modern art; and the international Avant-Garde since 1945. An excellent reference work and beautiful edition for any visual artist.
For two-semester courses in Art History Survey, Global Art History, and for Introductory Art courses taught from a historical perspective. Exceptional in scholarship and pedagogically in tune with the needs of today's students rich but never effete Marilyn Stokstad's Art History is the art history text of choice for a new generation of teachers and students. Presenting a broad view of art through the centuries, it introduces beginning students in a positive and sympathetic manner to the works of all artists. This includes women and artists of color, and the arts of other continents and regions in addition to those of Western Europe and the United States. Balancing both the traditions of art history and new trends of the present, Art History is the most comprehensive, accessible, and magnificently illustrated work of its kind.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.