- Table View
- List View
While the U.S. makes plans to move its forces out of the Mediterranean, It's enemy has a secret weapon, a destructive force of unthinkable power. Now the Sixth Fleet must make a final stand.
The Naval Research Laboratory, SEA BASE, is a floating 81-acre island held aloft by eight Fast Sealift Ships. China has decided to invade Taiwan and Sea Base must step between the two fighting forces. On board Sea Base NCIS agents are searching for a foreign espionage agent suspected of sabotaging this Navy experiment while a member of God's Army seeks revenge for his brother's death.
In the Cold War, the newest, most technologically advanced nuclear submarines are leading the fight while the old diesel-engine subs are dying out. The USS Squallfish is old school-as is her captain. Chad Shipley earned his stripes under the Pacific-as Japanese depth charges exploded around him. Now, as he takes the Squallfish on a routine patrol, he is ordered to infiltrate the heart of the Soviet Northern Fleet to spy on the enemy's nuclear sub capabilities. But the first Soviet nuclear sub is already under way, and has found its prey-the Squallfish. Against an opponent as clever and cunning as himself, Shipley and the crew of the Squallfish must rise to the battle-or sink into the crushing depths... FIRST IN THE NEW SERIES
Over the waters of the Ivory Coast, a routine exercise turns into a mysterious disaster, when a fleet of F-16 fighters simply vanishes. Someone has gotten hold of an experimental weapon being developed by the American Missile Defense Office-and all signs point to the French. And when a secret mission to destroy the weapon goes wrong, it leads to a covert battle along the coast of Africa that could bring the world to war...
When a reconnaissance plane from Amphibious Group Two is hit by a missile, four men are forced to bail out into the middle of a jungle bloodbath-and the hunt is on for the American prey. Admiral Dick Holman knows that any move he makes could ignite a political powder keg. But he also knows that the only way to get his men is to go in and get them out...
from the author of the 6th fleet series. second in the joint task force series.
First in the Joint Task Force series, which also includes JTF America.
In the near future, the United States is no longer a dominant superpower. Countries that were once allies now race to establish their own influence around the globe.
Other nations start wars. America finishes them. Embroiled in an all-out war in the Mediterranean Sea, the Sixth Fleet finds itself being slowly taken apart by the enemy. Their only hope: reinforcements who must first face their own test under fire by fighting their way past the very gates of the enemy-the hellish Straits of Gibraltar.
American soldiers have been taken hostage behind the enemy lines of Algeria. And if the U.S. continues to make rescue attempts, the hostages die. But the Sixth Fleet never makes attempts: They win.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.