- Table View
- List View
Chemistry of Space provides an overview of the latest information about the solar system, comets, and meteors, and other features of the universe made available as a result of space exploration and research in astrochemistry. The volume is an impressive account of our universe, the events through which it was created, the changes that have taken place during its evolution, and its present composition.
Aimed at a general audience- perhaps high school students and above- rather than the sophisticated math and computer specialists who deal with the subject at a detailed level. The history, uses, significance, terminology and acronyms, and important personages and events connected with secret writing are explained in 550 entries, each with cross-references and most with suggestions for further reading. Includes an annotated bibliography.
Forensic Chemistry examines the most important recent developments in this field and their contribution to crime investigation. The book explores the expanding array of instruments, on-site equipment, chemicals, and other means with which evidence is examined, as well as state-of-the-art forensic procedures.
Nuclear energy has sometimes been called the "double-edged sword of science", in reference to its ability to be used for both constructive and destructive ends. The first third of this book outlines the history of nuclear power production in the US and explores the issues that arise from its use, while the following sections provide extensive bibliographic references lists, tips for further research and excerpts from important laws and court decisions. It is targeted at policymakers, administrators, attorneys, advocacy groups, teachers, and students. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.