- Table View
- List View
Chemistry of Space provides an overview of the latest information about the solar system, comets, and meteors, and other features of the universe made available as a result of space exploration and research in astrochemistry. The volume is an impressive account of our universe, the events through which it was created, the changes that have taken place during its evolution, and its present composition.
The book helps students understand the terminology of consumer mathematics. Interest rates, prices, tax tables, and new nutrition information have been incorporated into the new edition.
Aimed at a general audience- perhaps high school students and above- rather than the sophisticated math and computer specialists who deal with the subject at a detailed level. The history, uses, significance, terminology and acronyms, and important personages and events connected with secret writing are explained in 550 entries, each with cross-references and most with suggestions for further reading. Includes an annotated bibliography.
Forensic Chemistry examines the most important recent developments in this field and their contribution to crime investigation. The book explores the expanding array of instruments, on-site equipment, chemicals, and other means with which evidence is examined, as well as state-of-the-art forensic procedures.
Nuclear energy has sometimes been called the "double-edged sword of science", in reference to its ability to be used for both constructive and destructive ends. The first third of this book outlines the history of nuclear power production in the US and explores the issues that arise from its use, while the following sections provide extensive bibliographic references lists, tips for further research and excerpts from important laws and court decisions. It is targeted at policymakers, administrators, attorneys, advocacy groups, teachers, and students. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.