- Table View
- List View
During the last 30 years it has become clearly evident that oxidative stress and free radical biology play key roles in carcinogenesis, cancer progression, cancer therapy, and normal tissue damage that limits treatment efficacy during cancer therapy. These mechanistic observations have led to the realization that free radical biology and cancer biology are two integrally related fields of investigation that can greatly benefit from cross fertilization of theoretical constructs. The current volume of scientific papers was assembled under the heading of Oxidative Stress in Cancer Biology and Therapy in order to stimulate the discussion of how the knowledge gained in the emerging field of oxidative stress in cancer biology can be utilized to more effectively design interventions to enhance therapeutic responses while causing fewer treatment limiting complications. The chapters contained in this volume provide highly informative emerging perspectives on how that selective enhancement of oxidative stress in cancerous tissues can be used as a target for enhancing therapeutic outcomes as well as how selective inhibition of oxidative stress could spare normal tissue damage and inhibit carcinogenesis. In this regard, the book represents an outstanding resource for both basic and translational scientists as well as clinicians interested in the field of oxidative stress and cancer therapy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.