LEANER, STRONGER, FITTER...FASTERSick and tired of hearing what's wrong with you and your body? You're not alone. It's time for a new conversation--and a new plan for treating, feeding, and moving your body in ways that build on your strengths inside and out. Strong is sexy. Strong is powerful. Strong is achievable. With STRONG IS THE NEW SKINNY you can say goodbye to body-bashing and physical faultfinding, and instead learn to embrace, not just how it looks, but what your body can do--from pushups to pull ups and box jumps to rope climbs, nothing is out of your reach. Strong Is the New Skinny offers a reality-based diet, lifestyle, and fitness program (the "SINS" plan, for short) so you can: * Maximize your potential, as well as your energy, vitality, and power. * Train your brain--develop resilience and mental fortitude in every area of your life. * Add muscle, increase speed, and enhance flexibility. * Strengthen your arms, back, core, and legs--and crank up the challenge when you're ready for the next level. * Torch fat with Strong Moves: a series of heart-healthy H.I.I.T. workouts that take as little as 10 minutes. * Kick-start your Get-Fit, Get-Fierce plan with the Strong Seven--7 days of 7 power foods. Whether you're just getting started or training for a challenging physical event, this book gives you all the tools you need to become leaner, fitter, and stronger: nutritionally, physically, psychologically, and emotionally. GO HARD OR GO HOME...
Most diet books claim to give you the recipe for losing weight fast by pushing you to follow a regimen you can't live with. No wonder most people regain the weight they lost within a month. Weight Loss Boss asks us to completely reconceive the way we approach weight loss--by not really dieting at all. It challenges us to make lasting and satisfying changes in our life that allow us to succeed by ... Choosing not to live in deprivation and loving the supremely tasty, nutrient-dense, low-calorie, and satisfying foods that love us right back; Throwing willpower out the window in favor of strategies to create habits and patterns that we can keep forever; Learning to manage our environment so that lasting change becomes automatic, not an endless struggle; Embracing the tools and support that empower us to transform repeated cycles of defeat into a journey of continued success and growth.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.