Titus Andronicus * Timon of Athens * Coriolanus. Each Edition Includes: Comprehensive explanatory notes placed on pages facing the text of the play, vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship, and clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary readers to understand the Elizabethan English. Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance histories. An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with an extensive filmography. Titus Andronicus, Shakespeare's earliest tragedy, is also his bloodiest and most horror-filled. A Roman general, to appease the spirit of his dead son, sacrifices the son of a captive Goth queen--and sets in motion a remorseless cycle of revenge and counterrevenge. The play's vivid spectacle of violence stuns audiences with rape, murder, mutilation, and unmitigated cruelty. Timon of Athens, a stark drama--in some ways Shakespeare's most bitter play--is a brilliant psychological portrait of a wealthy Athenian lord whose extraordinary trust and love for others turns to hate and spite when, bankrupted by his generosity, he is overwhelmed by the indifference and ingratitude of those he had thought friends. Coriolanus, the arrogance of a Roman military hero puts him in conflict with the people of Rome when the aristocrat is unwilling to compromise with the commoners he so despises. Compellingly relevant today, Shakespeare's last tragedy--from its opening scene of popular unrest to its chilling climax of betrayal and murder--takes an unwavering, ironic look at political extremism.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.