- Table View
- List View
A boy, a bug and a bear work together to make their kite fly.
The bear uses a large brush. the boy uses a smaller brush, and the bug uses a tiny brush. But they all paint a picture.
Everybody loves vacations, but not everybody loves the same things. When Emma's mom and dad make all the plans - a car drive, a bus ride, trips on boats and trains - sightseeing is exhausting! So adorable Emma shows them how to have a really good time, with a lot less fuss.
The three bears - papa, mama, and baby - take a walk in the woods while their porridge cools. Goldilocks enters the vacant house and proceeds to eat the baby bear's porridge, break the baby bear's chair, and take a nap in the baby bear's bed. She's startled to be discovered by the returned bears.
Can Little Horse find his place in the big world?After accidentally falling into a stream, Little Horse fights the swift current that carries him farther and farther from the valley where he was born.When he finally manages to scramble ashore, a giant bird swoops down on him. Little Horse runs for cover in a forest of flowers only to have a giant paw pin him to the ground. But a hand gently lifts him up and tucks him inside a warm cave-just like the cave he used to share with his mother. This tender, fast-moving tale, written by master storyteller Betsy Byars and enhanced by David McPhail's beguiling illustrations, is a true cliff-hanger.
Little Horse had never known the sky to be so black, the air so still. He heard the big horses whinny again. Little Horse's fear grew. The adventures of Little Horse continue as he makes his way back to the valley of little horses and his mother The storm sets Little Horse free from the fence holding him captive, free to do what he has wanted to do since the day the river carried him around its bend and away from his home-find his way back to the valley of the little horses and his mother. But where should he turn, and how will he ever return home alive with all of the obstacles facing him? Travel with Little Horse as he struggles against unfriendly horses, a malicious bird, a pouncing cat, a smoky fire, and more to find his way home.
Surrounded by parents and siblings with remarkable talents, Sam yearns to be good at something himself.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.