- Table View
- List View
Save on patent drafting by doing it yourself! If you're trying to patent your invention, you know need a drawing to complete your USPTO application. Professional patent drafters charge per sheet for their patent drawing services and it can cost you hundreds of dollars. But with How to Make Patent Drawings you'll be able to complete this crucial step and create a patent drawing that complies with the strict rules of the USPTO. This book is a good companion for Patent It Yourself. The 7th edition is completely updated to reflect recent changes to patent law and the newest advances in technical drawing. It includes all necessary forms with step-by-step instructions.
A brilliantly clear and up-to-date patent guide Patent law is changing, and this bestselling primer on patent law has up-to-date information on the America Invents Act, the most important change to American patent law in two centuries. Packed with detailed information, Nolo's Patents for Beginners explains how to: document your invention acquire patent rights "read" a patent application understand how and why to make a patent search determine patent ownership find patent information understand international patent law decide whether to file a provisional patent Nolo's Patents for Beginners provides plain-English explanations of patent law, patent and invention resources and a glossary of patent terms. The 8th edition is completely updated to cover all changes in patent law and regulations, including the latest on filing for provisional patent status.
What are patents? Why do you need one? How do you get it? This book provides a clear explanation of the entire process.
Pressman, a patent attorney and inventor, offers a guide to the patent process. He explains what patents and other intellectual property are, each step in the process of obtaining a US patent, how and when to file an application, how to document an invention, and requirements and procedures abroad, and provides reproducible and downloadable forms. He also discusses alternative and supplementary forms of protection, such as trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, and unfair competition law, as well as how to commercially evaluate, market, and license an invention. This edition includes the latest US Patent and Trademark Office rules and forms and covers electronic filing, combination inventions, and other changes to technical filing rules. It covers recent court cases, termination of the PTO's Document Disclosure Program, the lack of patentability of transitory electronic signals, free patent searching systems, new forms, claiming copyright in a specification or drawing, new rules regarding claims limitations and continuation applications.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.