- Table View
- List View
What are patents? Why do you need one? How do you get it? This book provides a clear explanation of the entire process.
Pressman, a patent attorney and inventor, offers a guide to the patent process. He explains what patents and other intellectual property are, each step in the process of obtaining a US patent, how and when to file an application, how to document an invention, and requirements and procedures abroad, and provides reproducible and downloadable forms. He also discusses alternative and supplementary forms of protection, such as trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, and unfair competition law, as well as how to commercially evaluate, market, and license an invention. This edition includes the latest US Patent and Trademark Office rules and forms and covers electronic filing, combination inventions, and other changes to technical filing rules. It covers recent court cases, termination of the PTO's Document Disclosure Program, the lack of patentability of transitory electronic signals, free patent searching systems, new forms, claiming copyright in a specification or drawing, new rules regarding claims limitations and continuation applications.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.