- Table View
- List View
The common German infantryman played a crucial role in the events that led to the outbreak of World War II (1939-1945), and the burden of duty lay on his shoulders during the opening moves of the conflict, in the invasion of Poland, the conquest of Norway and Denmark, the Low Countries and France. The Wehrmacht was unstoppable in this period, as it defeated almost every country that took the field against it. This volume examines the recruitment, training, weapons and equipment of the German infantryman in the eventful years building up to and including Blitzkrieg. Weaponry, team roles, tactics, training and personal equipment are all covered.
In this second volume examining the German infantryman before and during World War 2, post-1941 training, weapons, equipment, combat experiences and medical care are examined. The 'faceless' German soldier who struggled through bitter fighting up to and including Stalingrad retains his identity both as a human being and as a vital part of the Wehrmacht's order of battle. Containing a full array of previously unpublished photographs taken by German soldiers during the invasion of Russia this book shows in superb detail daily life and duties, the soldiers themselves, and combat action.
This third volume of a successful mini-series examines the German Infantryman in the latter part of World War II. Despite being constantly in retreat, often short of equipment, sometimes hungry, cold and wet, and the overwhelming numbers of Soviet troops and armour facing him, the German Infantryman's resistance was always fierce, and although constantly moving back towards Germany, his defensive withdrawals cost the Russians dearly. During this period defensive tactics involved close artillery and tank cooperation, even at small unit level. Containing previously unpublished photographs and poignant first hand accounts, this book explores in superb detail daily life, duties and combat action.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.