- Table View
- List View
The ASCRS Textbook of Surgery of the Colon and Rectum offers a comprehensive textbook designed to provide state of the art information to residents in training and fully trained surgeons seeking recertification. The textbook also supports the mission of the ASCRS to be the world's authority on colon and rectal disease. The combination of junior and senior authors selected from the membership of the ASCRS for each chapter will provide a comprehensive summary of each topic and allow the touch of experience to focus and temper the material. This approach should provide the reader with a very open minded, evidence based approach to all aspects of colorectal disease. Derived from the textbook, The ASCRS Manual of Surgery of the Colon and Rectum offers a "hands on" version of the textbook, written with the same comprehensive, evidence-based approach but distilled to the clinical essentials. In a handy pocket format, readers will find the bread and butter information for the broad spectrum of practice. In a consistent style, each chapter outlines the condition or procedure being discussed in a concise outline format - easy to read, appropriately illustrated and referenced.
The ASCRS Textbook of Colorectal Surgery is the first official textbook of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, adhering to the principals of evidence-based practice and utilizing ASCRS practice parameters. Each chapter correlates with the core curriculum developed by the Program Director's Association in Colorectal Surgery. In addition, a ground-breaking online component is updated periodically with new information.
Developed in conjunction with the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, this comprehensive textbook provides readers with the full scope of surgical practice for patients with diseases of the colon and rectum. Expert surgeons, all active both as educators and with busy clinical practices, have written concise and practical chapters on the most commonly done procedures while providing much-needed insight on less frequently presentations, as well. The ASCRS Textbook is designed to meet the needs not only of colorectal specialists, but also the general surgeon in practice whose caseload includes patients with disorders and diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. Residents and fellows will also find a wealth of hands-on guidance and practical tips and tricks. The ASCRS Practice Parameters are incorporated in the book along with an appendix providing the most up-to-the minute access to best practice guidelines. Patient care and safety are addressed in each chapter. "[The ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery] is a long awaited textbook for those in the field and it does not disappoint. It is brief and to the point, but does not lack the necessary detail expected from a society-produced publication. [It has an] easy-to-read quality that enhances comprehension for the trainee. It is by no means just a student textbook. The inclusion of "hot" current topics, like the anal fistula plug, makes it fresh and useful for experienced surgeons. This is an excellent addition to the colorectal library." (Doody's Review)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.