- Table View
- List View
What was life like millions of years ago? The answer lies deep underground, in a place once home to a ferocious predator much larger than most animals walking around today. Through photographs and detailed illustrations, readers will learn how the secrets buried in a midwestern hillside helped scientists understand early life on Earth. This book's simple but informative format allows readers to follow along as paleontologist Matt Forir and his team of experts unravel a prehistoric mystery.
When Inchworm misunderstands a conversation between Mama Bug and her baby, he warns Toad who tells Rabbit. Rabbit tips off Mouse who alerts Fox. Before long they've concocted a monster of a rumor that is flat-out funny! This Step 2 story has basic vocabulary and short sentences. It is perfect for emergent readers.From the Trade Paperback edition.
It's time for YOU! Pick your favorite spot to read. This is going to be a great book! What this book is about . . . Paul Bunyan: My Story Paul Bunyan is a mighty lumberjack with tons of tall tales to tell. Sit back and enjoy as he shares them in his own special way.
Johnny Appleseed was an important historical figure, well known for planting apple orchards across the new frontier. But he was also a master storyteller! In his own folksy voice, Johnny Appleseed tells his story to a couple of entranced children in this fictionalized Step 2 title. Readers learn how he started planting apple trees--and about some of the myths and true stories of his life.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Illus. in full color. "A comedy about a menagerie of barnyard animals who mistakenly think the sun has forgotten to rise. Designed for children just beginning to read, the story's vocabulary is simple, yet is smoothly written. A good choice."--Booklist.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.