- Table View
- List View
Titus Andronicus * Timon of Athens * Coriolanus. Each Edition Includes: Comprehensive explanatory notes placed on pages facing the text of the play, vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship, and clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary readers to understand the Elizabethan English. Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance histories. An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with an extensive filmography. Titus Andronicus, Shakespeare's earliest tragedy, is also his bloodiest and most horror-filled. A Roman general, to appease the spirit of his dead son, sacrifices the son of a captive Goth queen--and sets in motion a remorseless cycle of revenge and counterrevenge. The play's vivid spectacle of violence stuns audiences with rape, murder, mutilation, and unmitigated cruelty. Timon of Athens, a stark drama--in some ways Shakespeare's most bitter play--is a brilliant psychological portrait of a wealthy Athenian lord whose extraordinary trust and love for others turns to hate and spite when, bankrupted by his generosity, he is overwhelmed by the indifference and ingratitude of those he had thought friends. Coriolanus, the arrogance of a Roman military hero puts him in conflict with the people of Rome when the aristocrat is unwilling to compromise with the commoners he so despises. Compellingly relevant today, Shakespeare's last tragedy--from its opening scene of popular unrest to its chilling climax of betrayal and murder--takes an unwavering, ironic look at political extremism.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.