- Table View
- List View
John Lyon, a veteran but emotionally unstable newscaster, is drawn into a sinister web of evil in the heart of Appalachia when he investigates a woman's bizarre story about a West Virginia doctor who has been killing babies.
suspenseful, frightening, and gripping thriller about a family secret and a wrongly accused murderer from the author of Lie to Me. Here, David Martin brings back his most engaging hero: retired Detective Teddy Camel--a.k.a. "The Human Lie Detector"--on his last case.
This Autumn 2012 Edition is a collection of essays and poetry from writers of all ages.
Mary and Jonathan Gaetan were the essence of elegance. He was a powerful businessman; she was beautiful, sexy, young. Then, in a night of terror, a madman broke into their suburban Washington mansion. When it was over, Jonathan Gaetan lay dead and mutilated in a bathtub of his own blood. Mary told the police nothing about an intruder. Instead, she claimed her husband had killed himself.
MONKEY TROUBLE. Pop Pop Pop Pop, Monkey Flies Away, Monkey Eats Worms, Monkey, Watch Out! Monkey is full of surprises--and full of fun! BRAND NEW READERS are perfect for children reading for the very fist time. BRAND NEW READERS promise success with short, funny, easy-to-read stories--and early success helps children become good readers.
Do you feel like putting a bullet through your head every time your boss tells you to "quarterback this one for me, champ"? Do you find yourself resisting the urge to put a chokehold on colleagues who use the phrases "on the same page" or "no-brainer" or "going forward" in a sentence? Are you often tempted to tamper with the messages on the motivational signs HR posts around the office? Or to plant subliminal messages in the legal disclaimer that's attached to every e-mail you send? Well, then Officespeak is the book for you! This hilarious, tongue-in-cheek guide to deciphering and manipulating the language of the workplace includes such helpful hints as: The best (and worst) answers to the question, "What's your biggest weakness?" Sprucing up your job title and personalizing your business cards Being "swamped" and other key phrases for diverting responsibility Making up verbs to convey power, decisiveness, and initiative in the boardroom Mastering the fine art of interrupting with such foolproof expressions as "good point" and "borrriiinnnggg" AND MANY MORE! Just remember, there's no "I" in team... but there sure as hell is one in "You're hired!"
What if your best friend started killing your worst enemies? For Roscoe Bird, this nightmare becomes a reality when an old childhood friend comes knocking at his door.Peter Tummelier talks about past hurts and old enemies as if time has stood still. But when bodies start turning up, murdered in horrifying ways, suspicion is placed on Roscoe. And Roscoe knows the one person-the only person-who could have committed these deeds.But the question is why? How can he reach into the twisted depths of Peter's mind to understand his diabolical motives? And how can Roscoe clear his name as the prime suspect of the murders? But most of all, how can Roscoe avoid becoming Peter's next victim-the victim Peter has been waiting for...
We've got ears, and you do too. We can pull them. Can you? We've got hands for clapping, feet for kicking, and lots more too. But best of all--we've all got bellybuttons for tickle-tickle-tickling! In David Martin's rollicking romp, playfully illustrated by Randy Cecil, little ones can follow the actions of adorable animal babies and their families and discover all of the wonderful ways their bodies can move.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.