- Table View
- List View
This book will be based on a selection of high quality research papers presented at the Networked Learning Conference, May3-4, 2010. The Networked Learning Conference is an international, research-based conference. Since its inception in 1998 the conference has developed a strong following by international researchers. In addition it is well supported by practitioners, managers and learning technologists interested in contributing to and hearing about research in this area. The conference is considered a major event in the international 'technology enhanced learning' conference circuit. This edited volume presents cutting edge research that will explore current trends and advances in research on networked learning, technology enhanced learning and e-learning.
The Good Earth covers the primary topics included in other earth science texts. However, there are a few notable differences in its content compared to other textbooks. The Good Earth begins with an introduction (Chapter 1), then takes up the topic of astronomy (Chapters 2, 3), and moves on to solid earth (Chapters 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), and the processes (Chapters 9, 10, 11, 12), which overlap with the hydrosphere (Chapters 11, 12, 13), before dealing with the atmosphere (Chapters 14, 15, 16), and finishing with a wrap-up chapter on global change (Chapter 17) that incorporates elements of all the previous chapters. This text also includes interesting examples from recent events in relation to near-Earth asteroids, earthquakes, tsunamis, rockfalls, floods, and climate change.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.