- Table View
- List View
This edition is an introductory text that focuses on data and on statistical reasoning. It is elementary in mathematical level, but conceptually rich in statistical ideas and serious in its aim to help students think about data and use statistical methods with understanding.
Combining a data analysis approach with the power of technology, innovative pedagogy, and a number of new features, the fourth edition is an impressively effective text for learning statistics.
Tailored to mirror the AP Statistics course, The Practice of Statistics became a classroom favorite. This edition incorporates a number of first-time features to help students prepare for the AP exam, plus more simulations and statistical thinking help, and instructions for the TI-89 graphic calculator.
Statistics: Concepts and Controversies (SCC) is a book on statistics as a liberal discipline, that is, as part of the general education of "non-mathematical" students.
Watch avideo introduction here. Statistics Through Applications (STA)is the only text written specifically for high school statistics course. Designed to be read, the book takes a data analysis approach that emphasizes conceptual understanding over computation, while recognizing that some computation is necessary. The focus is on the statistical thinking behind data gathering and interpretation. The high school statistics course is often the first applied math course students take. STAengages students in learning how statisticians contribute to our understanding of the world and helps students to become more discerning consumers of the statistics they encounter in ads, economic reports, political campaigns, and elsewhere. New and improved!STA 2efeatures expanded coverage of probability, a reorganized presentation of data analysis, a new color design and much more. Please see theposted sample chapter orrequest a copy today to see for yourself.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.