- Table View
- List View
Once upon a time, there were three little girls. Charity. Justine. Anna. Individually, they're lethal weapons. Together? They're the force to be reckoned with at Liberty Investigations. Their bodies may be made for sin, but everything else is for kicking ass. . . Anna The daughter of an English aristocrat and former British ambassador, Anna Sterling doesn't need to get her hands dirty to obliterate the bad guys. She can destroy lives using nothing more than a laptop. Now her formidable hacking skills have uncovered a black market gun-running operation, and Anna--along with a group of ex-mercenaries headed by Jack Savage--travels to Algiers to track down the leader. Jack is as rough around the edges as Anna is refined, which makes the blazing night they spend together completely inexplicable--and mindblowingly hot. . . Jack's the best at what he does, and he'll make no apologies for his methods--or for wanting gorgeous, sophisticated Anna anywhere and everywhere he can get her. If she's wary of him now, she'd be even more shocked by the man he used to be. But the only way to keep her safe, and take down the enemy, is to risk the one thing Jack never thought to lose--his heart.
Once again, with astonishing truth and refreshing humor, Deborah J. Wolf brilliantly depicts a woman's real joys and sorrows during love, loss, and starting anew. . .Sometimes a marriage is over long before it officially ends. When Cara's husband packs a bulging suitcase and leaves her for a younger woman ironically named Barbie, Cara can only say, "That's it?" before the tears begin. Now Cara has lost three dress sizes while picking up the pieces of her life with four kids and no man, and a mother whose idea of support involves detailing how Cara didn't do enough to save the marriage. But she is surviving with the help of her best friends: Melanie, aka Mel-the-fixer-of-everything, who feels that faithless Jack's departure is the best thing that could have happened; Leah, solid as a rock, who is always there to lean on; and Paige, the casserole queen, who shows up with mac-n-cheese and sympathy.Despite frustrations and self-doubts, Cara is learning to hope and heal as she transforms from a long-suffering wife to the vibrant, self-assured woman she was meant to be. But the road to Cara's brighter future is strewn with complications, especially when the "other woman" asks for a favor. . .and Cara's path takes a poignant twist on the road to happiness.
Written with the poignancy of heartbreak and the indomitable promise of hope, Deborah J. Wolf's unforgettable debut novel delves into the fragile, ever-changing relationships between mothers and daughters in the worst of times--and in the best...Allyson Houlihan had the normal ups and downs with her husband and two daughters, but all in all, their life was good, full, and happy. That changed on the day a tragic accident ripped her husband away from her--and shattered everything.Over a year later, Allyson and her daughters--eleven-year-old Becca and fourteen-year-old Lydia--are still struggling to regain their rhythm as a family. A disciplined and athletic soccer player, Becca is at a loss when an injury forces her to the sidelines, leaving her emotionally adrift. And when Ally senses Lydia, silent and secretive, slipping away, the sense of helplessness and frustration is nearly overwhelming. It will take another of life's unexpected twists and the rock-solid support of her husband's best friend, Michael, for a mother and her girls to finally run towards each other--instead of away--and for a devoted wife to free her heart to live and love again...Special chat with the author insideDeborah J. Wolf lives with her husband and two daughters in Northern California. This is her first novel.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.