- Table View
- List View
Positive Discipline: A Teacher's A-Z Guide: Hundreds of Solutions for Almost Every Classroom Behavior Problem!by Jane Nelsen Linda Escobar Kate Ortolano Roslyn Duffy Deborah Owen-Sohocki
Take Back the Classroom and Make a Positive Difference in Your Students' Lives Many teachers today are facing problems and discipline issues they never dreamed of when they decided to become teachers. Combine violence, behavioral disorders, and downright defiant attitudes from students with the age-old problems of bullying, poor attendance, and more, and the mix is positively lethal. However, there are effective, positive strategies for restoring order and turning the teacher-student relationship into one of mutual respect. Applicable to all grade levels, this comprehensive A to Z guide addresses modern-day problems and practical solutions for establishing an effective learning environment. Inside, you'll discover: ·The 17 fundamental tools of positive discipline ·Real-life stories of proven positive discipline strategies ·Suggestions for establishing and maintaining respectful, nurturing relationships with students ·And much more! "Overcome obstacles and get back to why you became a teacher in the first place: to empower students with confidence, self-respect, and resourcefulness. " --Bill Scott,principal, Birney Elementary School, Murietta, Georgia "An inspiring, information-packed book. All teachers--from those just beginning to those with many years of experience--will find the tools of positive discipline easy to use. " --Phillip Harris, Ed. D. ,director, Center for Professional Development and Services, Phi Delta Kappa International
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.