- Table View
- List View
"Bad truck, bad guy; bad wave, bad bye . . ." A boy and his family are packing up their old home, and the morning feels scary and sad. But when he arrives at his new home, an evening of good byes awaits: bye to new friends, bye to glowing fireflies, bye to climbing trees. The New York Times bestselling author Deborah Underwood's spare text and the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award winner Jonathan Bean's lush, layered illustrations perfectly capture the complex emotions of moving day. The child-centric transition from dreary morning to cheerful evening comforts young readers facing big changes of their own.
The holidays are filled with joyful noise. But Christmas is sometimes wrapped in quiet: "Searching for presents quiet," "Getting caught quiet," and "Hoping for a snow day quiet." Irresistibly cute, soft colored pencil illustrations of bunnies, bears, and more paint a magical holiday picture indeed.
This book asks the questions that young people want answered about the continent of Africa. Each chapter of this book contains the answers to a different question about Africa. This book includes clear and detailed maps to assist readers in their quest for knowledge. Explanations are given to help students understand a range of issues in Africa.
Once upon a planetoid,amid her tools and sprockets,a girl named Cinderella dreamedof fixing fancy rockets.With a little help from her fairy godrobot, Cinderella is going to the ball. But when the prince's ship has mechanical trouble, someone will have to zoom to the rescue! Readers will thank their lucky stars for this irrepressible fairy tale retelling, its independent heroine, and its stellar happy ending.
BANG!CRACKLE!BOO!Just like there are lots of quiets, there are also lots of louds:Good louds(HOORAY!)and bad louds(CRASH!) And louds that make you feel like you arethe center of attention (BURP!).The Loud Book compiles all these kid-friendly noisesfrom morning to night,in a way that is sure to make readersCHEER!
Yo ho ho! Pete loves pirates, but his mom thinks they are rude and messy. Then Pete and his mom go to see the Amazing Marco, and Marco hypnotizes Pete's mom into thinking she's a pirate! Now Pete's mom won't behave. She chases the neighbors. She steals underwear off other people's clotheslines. She's even flying the Jolly Roger over the house. Pete has to find the Amazing Marco. He wants his real mom back!
There are many kinds of quiet: Quiet can be delicate. Quiet can be thundering! Quiet can be sweet and cozy, and can most definitely help you fall asleep. This gentle picture book explores all the different quiets that can fill a child's day from morning to night.
All quiet is not created equal. In this irresistibly charming picture book, many different quiet moments are captured, from the anticipation-heavy "Top of the roller coaster quiet" to the shocked-into-silence "First look at your new hairstyle quiet." The impossibly sweet bears, rabbits, fish, birds, and iguanas are all rendered in soft pencils and colored digitally, and, as in all of the best picture books, the illustrations propel the story far beyond the words. A sure-to-be-a-classic bedtime favorite. Awards: 2011 ALA Notable Children's Book, 2010-2011, New York Times bestseller, 2011 CCBC Choices, 2011 NCTE Notable Children's Trade Book, 2010 New York Times Notable Book, 2010 Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year, 2010 School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.