- Table View
- List View
A Child Was Missing The case was every woman's worst nightmare-a helpless baby, just hours old, stolen from his mother's very arms. And missing-children specialist Adrienne Trudell was prepared to do anything to see that precious little life returned to his rightful home-even if it meant working with the last man in the world she ever wanted to see again....Detective Judd Dillon had shared a single reckless night of desperate passion with this woman-and he'd spent a long, lonely year trying to forget her. But now their heart-stopping race against time was bringing back all those unwanted memories...of the longing that had drawn them together-and the pain that had torn them apart.
FAMILY MAN An exciting, emotional story from an award-winning author. Burke Wheeler. Undercover cop. Devoted father. Ex-husband. For the past few years Burke's had very little to do with his ex-wife, Abbie-except insofar as she's the mother of his sixteen-year-old son, Justin. Then comes a day every parent fears and dreads. Something Burke's faced as a cop but never as a father. Justin is missing. A runaway. Burke and Abbie know they have to confront their own conflicts, lay aside old animosities, if they're going to find their son. In the process of looking for Justin, they find each other, too. They find each other all over again. FAMILY MAN
COUNT ON A COPShe had to run, hide, change her identity...So why had Kathleen Hanes let herself get sidetracked by a baby-and the baby's too-handsome father, Booth Rawlings? To make matters worse, he was a cop-a never-say-die, never-give-up detective. It was the cops, after all, who had framed her for her husband's murder!But that was in tiny Rodeo, Wyoming. Maybe things would be different in New England. Maybe she could finally have the family she longed for, a career...a baby. And young Lisa Rawlings fit the bill. But sooner or later Kathleen's past would catch up with her and Booth would learn who she really was.Until then, though, could it hurt to dream a little?
Loving Dangerously Loving Molly was easy... It wasn't easy protecting Molly McCulloch... Even for ex-cop Hunt Gresham. Emphasis on the ex. But Hunt is dropped back into his old world with a thud when he discovers Molly's brother is a notorious hit man. Can he keep Molly safe from her brother's "colleagues" once they decide she has information about a murder? Molly is no help at all as she sets out to clear her brother's name despite Hunt's warnings. But how can he leave her to her own devices when he realizes how much she really means to him? Loving Dangerously
Four festive Christmas novellas by four outstanding authors: In J. D. Robb's "Midnight in Death," Lieutenant Eve Dallas must postpone her first Christmas with her new husband. Roarke, to hunt for an escaped serial killer-but she and Roarke still manage to find ways to celebrate. Susan Plunkett's "Christmas Promises" brings a woman and her ex-fiance together after four lono years as they search for a missing child-and make up for broken promises of Christmases past. In Dee Holmes's "The Unexpected Gift," Sabrina McKay and her five-year-old son are coping with the first Christmas since her divorce when her son finds a "body in the yard-and unexpectedly they rediscover the true spirit of the holidays. In Claire Cross's "A Berry Merry Christmas," a mysterious nanny has a special message to deliver to a voting orphan and her uncle who long to feel the joy of Christmas in their hearts once again.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.