- Table View
- List View
Find out the fundamentals of estate planning, including wills, living trusts, estate taxes and more.
Protect your rights -- protect your relationship. Laws affecting LGBT couples are changing rapidly, and while its an exciting time for all gay and lesbian partners, keeping up with the myriad ways the shifting legal landscape touches your family life can be daunting. Now more than ever, its important that you take the proper legal steps to define and protect your relationship in the eyes of the law. If you dont, you run the risk of being shut out of each others lives -- and the lives of children you co- parent -- in times of medical, financial or personal crisis. Fortunately, this practical guide is updated with the latest legal information and legislation that will help you and your same-sex partner protect and exercise your rights, and make sound decisions as a couple. A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples covers these important subjects, and many more: . making practical decisions about living together . planning for medical emergencies -- making medical decisions for one another and taking care of each others finances when one partner is incapacitated . domestic partner benefits and how to obtain them . buying property together . providing for each other upon death . practical and legal aspects of having and raising children . marriage laws for all 50 states The updated edition of A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples is updated to provide the latest information on same-sex marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships in the U. S. , Canada and around the world, as well as all the recent developments in same- sex partnership law. Plus, create essential legal documents using the step-by-step instructions included. --Download forms for book at nolo. com
This workbook helps individuals and couples worth one or two million dollars understand the benefits of creating a living trust, choose which property to put in the living trust, prepare the living trust document without a lawyer, and make changes to the document.
Making a will is a significant matter, worth serious thought. Happily, however, writing your will does not have to be difficult, and most people don't need a lawyer to do it. Nolo has been helping people make their own legally valid wills for more than 25 years, and Nolo's Simple Will Book, remains one of our most popular estate planning books--for good reason. It has clear, easy-to-understand instructions, and it explains when you might need a lawyer's help. The wills in this book are legal in every state except Louisiana (which has its own set of estate planning laws that differs from all other states'). These wills are fine for most folks with a modest to moderate amount of property and typical assets. If you have a more complicated situation, or a large estate--say, more than $2 million--you will probably want some additional help from a lawyer or tax expert.
For the lay public, this book provides forms and step-by-step instructions needed to name beneficiaries, choose guardians, set up trusts, name executors, finalize the will, and change or revoke it. Clifford, a specialist in estate planning, provides instructions for those who are single, married, divorced or widowed, with or without children. He describes the process of choosing beneficiaries and taking stock of property, and the rules for giving it away as well as how to manage the affairs of children, plan an estate to avoid probate, compare the drafts, prepare the final will, store and copy the will, and other options such as understanding living trusts, preparing for tax savings, creating documents for Health Care, and trading in durable power of attorney for finances. He includes information specific to each state. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.