- Table View
- List View
With this charming guide to casual outdoor entertaining by Denise Gee, belle-of-the-ball author of Southern Cocktails, party and decorating ideas have never been more simple or inspiring. Gee and acclaimed photographer Bobby Peacock crisscrossed the U.S. photographing their favorite porches and dreaming up fresh, summery spins on classic Southern drinks, resulting in 50 recipes for everything from punches to cocktailsincluding several nonalcoholic sippers and 10 uncomplicated snacks. Grab a bottle, whip up some Tipsy Tea or Prosecco Martinis, and take the party outside!
This tantalizing cookbook brings the irresistible charm and comfort of Southern culture to the dinner table by way of mouthwatering casserole dishes. Denise Gee presents 55 beloved classic and contemporary casserole recipes bubbling with traditions that stretch from the Bayou to the lower Appalachian Mountains. To complement the chapters covering basics, easy recipes, party recipes, and side dishes, dozens of luscious photos showcase the delicious attributes of a perfect casserole. Southern Casseroles brings together the tried and true casseroles of the South and the endearing stories behind them.
Don't mind if I do . . . Welcome to one of the South's most cherished traditions--the cocktail hour. This charming volume overflows with Southern spirit with classics like the Mint Julep and the Hurricane to new concoctions like the Blueberry Martini and the Peach Mojito, each drink is as relaxing as a riverboat ride down the Mississippi. A checklist of Bar Necessities ensures that there will be more than Southern Comfort in the cupboard when company calls, and recipes like Devilish Eggs or Sweet and Sassy Pecans will keep hunger at bay until dinner. Raise a toast to old-time Southern hospitality.
This tantalizing tome features a hearty helping of must-eat recipes and must-meet dessert devotees, garnished with their fascinating stories. Learn about local Texan bakeries, the youngest pastry chef in the state, and the proper way to organize a Southern cookie swap. Divided into four tasty Texas regions, this cookbook features the big flavors of sweet treats like Deep Chocolate Meringue Pie, Citrus-Kissed Fig Ice Cream, Deep-Fried Coca-Cola, and Sweet Pineapple Tamales. With more than 60 classic and brand spankin' new recipes for cakes, cookies, puddings, cobblers, ice cream, pies, and pastries, Sweet on Texas is a sugar-coated tour through the culinary wonderland of the Lone Star State.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.